.Net Framework mismatch

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by SWSDEV, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

When I built a custom code component with Visual Studio 2010 and then ran it in a VAD app, the error comes back "This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013101B)"

Does this mean I can't build an assembly in .Net 4 to use with the VAD?

My only guess at a solution would be if using IIS I could change the app pool to ASP .NEt 4.0 and see if that works but this particular machine is using Abyss and I would have no idea how to even try that (if there is something equivalent to try).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi,

The VAD generates source ASP.NET code, not binaries, so you should be able to use .NET 2.0 and up. The ASP.NET code is dynamically compiled by IIS (or Abyss), and it will use the .NET framework version configured. The minimum required version is .NET 2.0, but as you say, you should be able to change the app pool to use .NET 4.0.

Abyss supports .NET 4.0 in version 2.7, but that version has been releases during October 2010, so it is not yet included in 3CX. You will need to use IIS for that for now. Just in case you need to configure Abyss anyway, there is a console to do that. Here's the user's guide: http://www.aprelium.com/data/doc/2/abyssws-win-doc-html/index.html

Regards,

3. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

To change to IIS I would have to reinstall this PBX completely, which isn't preferred.

Is there no way to upgrade just Abyss?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. VAD_Support

Not sure, Abyss is not my specialization, I suggest that you ask 3CX support for that.
    I think that it should be doable, but I don't know if there is some special trick or not... Please, ask 3CX support about that to get a better answer. Anyway, I suggest that you do it in a test machine first.

5. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

For the record, in order to get the .Net Framework component to work, I had to:

1. Change the 3CXApplicationPool to use asp .net 4
    2. Change the 3CXApplicationPool to used Integrated for the Managed Pipeline Mode

If I didn't do both of those, the VAD would not deploy the project successfully.

Do you see any reason why any other part of 3CX would have a problem with those changes?

6. VAD_Support

Hi,

In regards to 1, I don't see problems because .NET 2.0 applications will continue running.

In regards to 2, not sure, I think that you should ask 3CX support to be 100% sure, and make some tests... My area of expertise is the VAD, so I'm not sure if that will affect other part of 3CX...

Any way, the IIS is only used for IVRs and web administration, so you should get a quick idea about if it works with a few tests.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.