• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Netgear DGFV338 - Static IP and NAT one-to-one

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoomzoomvince

Reaction score
I have got a Netgear DGFV338 ADSL firewall router which is currently running in NAT mode (other option is classical IP) which has been operating fine for a few weeks now with a single IP (91.85.230.41). I have now got some extra static IPs and I have setup some inbound rules so that I can do one-to-one NAT mapping. This has worked ok so all inbound stuff seems to be mapped statically to 91.85.230.42

However, the outbound stuff seems to be getting mixed up with the shared NAT address on 91.85.230.41
When I do a firewall test it is reporting back on both IPs

3 9002 Error (6) An incompatible NAT configuration has been detected. Please check FAQ for further information. addrFromAgent = 91.85.230.41:9002
addrFromSTUN = 91.85.230.42:9002

How can I stop it from reporting on the .41 address ??

The only outbound rule that I have got at the moment is to map STUN 10000 UDP to the external IP 91.85.230.42

I am running 3CX v6.1.0 BTW but I am thinking of upgrading to ver 7.

I think I may have found the answer to my own question.
I have added an outbound rule allowing all services from the internal 3cx address to the external public IP address of the 3CX server, restarted the 3CX service, rested and it now passes the firewall tests ok.

HI

What does the 3CX Server Status report at startup relative to STUN resolution? Does it report one or more IP addresses?

It may be ideal to drop down to 1 IP configured on the router to see if the behaviour changes, as this sounds like a device issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julian1234
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.