Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Network card problem when restoring 3CX on virtual machine

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by chrischevy, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrischevy

Hi,

We are runnig 3CX 9 on a Hyper-V virtual machine and everything is fine. However, we did a backup and restore test of the 3CX virtual machine towards another Hyper-V server and we encountered the following problem:

It seems like 3CX doesn't recognize the network adapter on the new virtual server. A lot of features are not working, trunks are not registering, phones are not connecting. I think that there's an "ID" somewhere for the network adapter that 3CX can't find. I will try to reproduce the problem later this week and give more information.

I know I could restore a 3CX backup on a new installation, but I want to be able to restore a virtual machine with 3CX on it without any problems.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. comresource

comresource Member

Keep in mind that the registration is tied to the MAC address. If your virtual NIC is using dynamic MAC address this could cause a problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. chrischevy

Can this MAC address be changed somewhere ? Maybe in the registry ?

4. comresource

comresource Member

The MAC address is configured within the settings of the VM in the Hyper-V Manager.

Attached Files:

5. chrischevy

I know this, but on the 3CX side, can something be changed ?
    If not, I will simply note the MAC address and reassign it to the new virtual machine.

6. comresource

comresource Member

If the MAC address has changed you just simply have to re-register 3CX by inputting your license key again.

7. chrischevy

Good !
    Thank you for this information !
    I will try this sometime this week and post the result.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.