network instability

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by voip13, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voip13

Hi,

I want to install 3CX Phone System in a company that has branches all over the world especially in Africa. Branches will connect to a centralized IP -PBX. the company is located in Africa, here we have stability problems Internet. We want a solution rebuste. What do you recommend as equipment ?

Thanks.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Any network, VoIP or otherwise, is only as good as its weakest point . If you have problems (stability) with the internet providers, then spending a fortune on equipment at each end isn't going to fix anything.

If the network drops, you can't call (or it is a poor connection), it won't mater what equipment you use, it won't overcome that.
    If the network is stable but at a lower speed, then you can use lower bandwidth codecs so that each conversation doesn't require as much bandwidth.

You are probably best off contacting a 3CX rep (or at least someone familiar with VoIP PBX's) in your area that is familiar with the ISP's that you would be dealing with. They would be the best ones to suggest how to set up your network, and, realistically, what you can expect.

3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

probably you need some network redundancy - 2 providers per site, suitable routers (supporting BGP), QoS, etc.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nbailey

nbailey Member

We have some very good re-sellers in Africa, they will probably be able to help you with a solution as they know the internet limitations in your area. Send me a PM if you are interested and I can forward your details to our Africa Partners to help you out with a proper solution.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.