Network

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by reisve, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reisve

Hi

I'm testing and trying to learn as much as I can from 3CX rel. 11

I'm having a problem with the network.

This is my scenario: A wireless router with an WiFi access point and four wired ports;
    In the router I excluded 4 addresses out of the DHCP range for the 4 wired ports;
    The wired LAN in the computer have a fixed IP in that excluded range of the DHCP;
    The 3CX rel 11 in the computer connected to this router;
    In the same computer I have 3 softphones: the 3CX, Xlite and VoicePanel;
    The PABX was installed before I setup all of this, when I had the PC connecting only to the WiFi, and all worked fine;
    Now I setup this configuration, and can't get the softphones to register if I define the LAN port IP in the SIP account;
    If I set up the WiFi IP, it all works.

Is there a way to force the PABX IP? force the soft phones to register with the LAN IP. After all both IPs are in the same PC.

Any Help?

Thank You

Virginio Reis

2. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

If you are running 3CX on a PC with two network interface's - things can get a bit messy, because the 3CX needs to be concise in how it sets up header info in the SIP and VoIP data packets. Although you are right in that it is the same PC, it will be attached to your network with two entirely different local IP addresses (one on the WiFi and one on the cabled LAN).

First thing to do - is disable the WiFi connection so that you only have one active NIC.

Second thing to do is to Access the 'Settings' module in the Management app' and open 'Network Settings'. Choose the 'STUN Server' tab. and if you have a static Public IP address on the Internet side of your Router - then turn off STUN requests & set that in the box provided (or - if you have Dynamic IP on the Internet side, leave it working on STUN) - but in either case, make sure that the 'Select network Card Interface' at the bottom, is showing the LAN IP of your cabled NIC connect to your router.

After you make those changes, re-boot your PC and 3CX should sort itself out as it restarts ...

Best regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. markshehan

markshehan New Member

Are the softphones registering with 3cx?

Why 3 softphones on a pbx? If it is for testing I would move them off the pbx pc.

You can have wifi and lan on a pc with 3cx. Make sure the lan is wired and has an ip. In 3cx you can choose the internal ip to use if a server has more than one. Go to Settings > Network > STUN Server and choose the card there.

Then your softphones can use wifi.

Not pretty and prone to problems but it will work

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. reisve

@ 3CXfoxhallsolutions

Can't disable the WiFi.

I did that before I post. The staic public IP is set to the wired LAN and the selected NIC is also the IP of the Wired LAN port

Still not working

Virginio Reis

5. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Something strange here ...
    Your Public IP address will (or should) be something completely different to your LAN IP address. Open a web browser on your PC, and go to http://www.whatismyip.com ... The IP address shown there is your public IP address, that the 3CX should be referencing in calls out to PSTN via SIP Trunks.
    I don't understand your configuration if you only have one LAN-side IP address. If your PC has a wired network port AND a WiFi network card, then that should be seen as two different interfaces by your PC. One should be on e.g. 192.168.1.1 and the other on e.g. 192.168.1.2 ... This means that you can disable the one that you don't want ...

The other thing that I'd try, is to restore your PC NIC to automatic so it can pick up a DHCP assigned address from the router. Make a note of the address that has been assigned, and then use that in the set up of the phones ...

Also - if at all possible, set up the soft-phone on some other PC / laptop as it will then become obvious as to which LAN IP address you need to reference in the set up of the phones.

If you are still having problems, a screen-capture of a picture of your network config' would be useful ...

best regards

6. reisve

solved.
    Managed to disable the WiFi and the phones are pointing now to the Wired LAN and registering.

Thank You

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.