NEW 3CX Softphone BETA with integrated tunnel

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Nick Galea, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Try out our new softphone - engineered to be as compact as possible, to be fast and easy to use. It has a new look and feel and is very light weight.

It has an integrated tunnel, no service required, and is much easier to configure and run.
    Also new is a debug window, which shows detailed status and is very helpful in troubleshooting external extensions.

We recommend anyone having problems setting up external extensions to try this phone and use the tunnel to connect.

Download 3CX VoIP Phone 3 BETA from here:
    http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXVoIPPhone3.msi

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NRG

NRG

Installing now on a Vista laptop.

3. NRG

NRG

Looks very nice.

"Image not found"

Playing with it now.

4. NRG

NRG

In-Office conected, no issues

Out-of-Office connected(no tunnel method), no issues.

Tunnel will not connect. I have ports 5060-5090UDP and 5060-5090TCP forwarded to the 3CX server, I am doing it from a local network(may be a problem, though I don't know).

5. NRG

NRG

Also worth noting, I am using 3CX Server Version 4.0.4249

6. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, NRG

First, thanks for feedback 8)

Then, for the tunneled connection which doesn't work: what "not-connecting"-related messages tells in the debug window? For a tunneled connection debug messages were designed to be more detailed than not-tunneled connection ones, exactly to help to locate as much as possible closer the failure reason.

Thanks
    vali

P.S 3CX PBX version 4.0.4249 ?!? :shock:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. NRG

NRG

No problem, I have upgraded to the most current 3CX PBX, but no love in connecting in Tunnel mode. Which I would assume leads to the next part of your message .....

I will have a look over the log/debug sheet. Thanks for the tip. UPDATE: Just checked, it states the "Tunnel has been disconnected by remote end", it vacilates between "Tunnel Connection Established" and the former message.

Is that old, or did I screw up the number?

8. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Looks nice - will the presence panel that showed other extensions be available in a future release of the new Soft Phone or is this going to be stripped out to another dashboard type application ?

9. NRG

NRG

Another nice feature is when you switch connections, you no longer have to restrart the whole app, it just logs in. Very nice upgrade, and needed.

10. NRG

NRG

I vote to keep the log window.

11. NRG

NRG

Interesting, there are newer themes.

Autumn
    "Image not found"

Winter
    "Image not found"

12. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

That sounds good 8) It means the two tunnels don't recognize each other.

For the phone side, that means the tunnel ID and pass does not match, case-sensitive, the coresponding ID/pass of the PBX's tunnel. So, basically, you should ask PBX admin for its tunnel's ID/pass. ID should be ver 7 default, it cannot be changed on the phone side. If he changed the pass, you should set it accordingly, dont' forget - case-sensitive. To do this, use the connection dialog, on the bottom side, "Tunnel password".

Hope these informations will helps.

vali

13. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi and thanks :)

This phone has been designed in idea to be a pure SIP phone, therefore the presence feature has been removed, since it would be useful only in a 3CX environment.
    But we have in plan an operator panel module, very similar with Voip Client's presence list in desktop mode.

vali

14. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Just what I wanted to hear :) Look forward to more innovations from the 3CX team.

15. DeWild1

Nice... Very clean and nice n functional.
    I would like the list of Extensions on the right back though.

We may be the only ones who want this, but, when using a BT headset, after a call, the device is not released until you exit the application.
    I use a stereo BT headset and its kinda cool to be listening to music then when a call comes in, it rings.. It would be even cooler if it want back to music without having to exit the app then restart it.
    I use VonageTalk and Vonage Companion and it works well but I am trying to grow up and only use your kick ass system.

16. DeWild1

May I also suggest to add a setting "launch external app" on each call.
    Have variables like {callerID} after the path to the exe.

Shoot, using a programing language that my 10yo kid understands, http://www.AutoHotkey.com, someone could compile an EXE that opened a web application with the caller id variable to look it up or even open up ACT and auto look up the client based upon the caller ID variable..

On every call, you could have full integration with business applications through that simple addition..

17. radix

Hi,

There are two functionality that are missing from v6 and are a must for us to be able to roll up v7 + the last 3cx softphone in our company:

- the extension panel
    - the TAPI support.

Will these functionalities be implemented in the next releases of the Softphone?
    If yes, can we get an approx. ETA?
    If not, what other options do I have as a client application for 3cx v7 that provide at least following functionalities:

- Works on Vista
    - Show the extension Status
    - TAPI
    - Conference support

I would be great to have some infos as we are very close to buy/rollout 3cx v7 in our company.

Cheers

18. aesteve

aesteve New Member

Hi,

tested the tunnel conexion under :

- Windows Xp.
    - Windows Vista Bussiness.
    - Windows Vista Ultimate.

Good Job

Regards

19. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Alejandro

Good news - thanks for your feedback 8)

20. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Radix,

3Cx Voip Client V7 has working extension panel and TAPI. Thats what you can use right now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.