New 3CX System Setup Advice

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ClaytonNZ, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClaytonNZ

Hi,

I am based in Auckland, New Zealand and am planning on setting up a new 3CX System. At our main office I plan to setup a Patton SN4960 to connect our exisiting 12 channel PRI into, I will then use 4x Grandstream GXW2024 to connect our exisiting 96 Ananlog Phones into, as well as add some new IP Phones.

I'm new to this system and hardware and was wondering if someone out there could give some feedback to using the Grandstream devices vs maybe Patton 24port FXS Gateway for the Analog Phones. Will the Grandstream devices cope with using 4 of them for 96 Analog phones? Will there be loss in quality of calls using this many?

Any other feedback welcome on this setup!

Thanks Clayton

2. willow

willow Member

Other people have reported issues with the grandstream 40xx modules. They complained out ports locking up and the port would stop working all together. I personally have used Mediatrix boxes and they seem to be working pretty well. I installed the over a year ago and have not had an issue. I have also used the sangoma PCI cards for the servers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ClaytonNZ

Thanks Jeremy, I appreciate the feedback.

4. ClaytonNZ

Hi,

Anyone out there running a 3CX System with 100 Analog Phones on it, will it cope? I know its an IP PBX but I'm trying to reduce the Initial CAPEX Spend by incorporating our existing Analog Phones, we are a Not-for Profit Organization so don't have alot of cash to spend up front.

Thanks!

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

From the 3CX perspective, it doesn't see 100 analogue phone, it sees 100 ATA's (analogue telephone adapters), virtually the same as 100 SIP phones. There may be a bit less messaging involved with the ATA's as some SIP phones have busy lamp fields and other features that need constant updates. As to whether "it' will cope...well that depends on the computer running 3CX, your network capacity, the number of simultaneous conversations and things like voicemail usage amongst others. Many different variables. The company next door to you could run the same physical set-up, but could run into issues because their calling patterns/traffic/features used, were very different from your company. If in doubt, contact a company that does 3CX installs in your area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.