Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

New 3cx user and new 3cx system--urgent advice needed!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zooeyhall, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zooeyhall

Hi Everyone! I am the IT person for my company, and have just been given the task of implementing a brand new 3cx system in a new office my CEO has relocated to. I am totally unfamiliar with 3cx, so I hope I don't bother the board with too many questions.

Fortunately, the new office only has 2 users and 2 phones. There is also a fax machine. We are getting 2 incoming PSTN phone lines.

We are eventually looking at implementing 3cx throughout my company's 5 locations and 50 users. However (fortunately) I only have this one small office to setup for now.

I am going to run the 3cx Software on an XP computer. I am using the 3cx Small Business Edition.

I am using SNOM 300 phones and a Patton 4114 gateway.

A few questions:

1) Does the 3cx system allow some sort of voiceprompt for incoming calls, so that when someone calls into the office they can press one button and get the CEO, or another button and get his assistant?

2) How can I integrate the fax machine in the office to use the phone lines? Can it be integrated into the 3cx system?

I truly appreciate any help

2. davidjeastiii

as for question 1... yes you can, it is called digital receptionist and is very easy to configure. on the far left of the management console there is a section titled digital receptionist, click add and it is self explanatory from there, you will need to record a prompt that the caller will hear when the receptionist picks up.
    as for question 2... another yes, once you add your pstn lines click manage under the lines section of the main menu on your left, choose the line you want to use for faxes, go to the Route FAX calls submenu that comes up, and choose how to handle faxes from the options that come up.

3. Arnaud

Yes this is possible. You can use the digital receptionist to accomplish this.

The fax must be a G3 fax, able to use the T.38 standard.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.