Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

NEW 3CX VOICE PROMPTS!!!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nb, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi 3CX Community

We have finally uploaded new prompts. We have also fixed some of the prompts which had some audio files in English. To download do the following:

Click on Settings, Phone System Updates
    Select the prompt you want irrespective of whether the status is "Up to date" or not. Force the download just the same.
    Set as current prompt set. Dial 999 to hear initial prompts.

Brand new recorded prompts:

GERMAN
    FRENCH
    SWEDISH
    DUTCH
    JAPANESE

Updated prompts (replaced English audio files)
    ITALIAN
    DANISH
    POLISH

We are still working on Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, and Chinese.

Thanks and regards

Happy 3CX'ing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Eurylink

Eurylink New Member

Perfect !!!

Only another small bug. In fine OPTMNU.mp3 (menu 9 advanced option) there's not option nr. 3 in italian translation (in english is " to dial a number press 3"). You must translate it in "per comporre un numero premi 3". All other messages seems to be ok.

Thank You

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes - we know about this - At least one of the main prompts is not in English but.

We are going to fix this soon. If you press 3 you will still get the other prompts however so you can tell your users that if they want, they can blindly press 3 and they will be able to make outgoing calls from voicemail menu.

Thanks for your feedback.

If you encounter any problems let me know. I will be monitoring this thread for updates with prompts.

4. ansu2723

Nice!

But I found 2 errors in the swedish prompts:

When you are trying to go to the voicemail it starts by saying: Tryck enter, personligt identifikationsnummer..... Press ENTER, personal identification number.... The word ENTER should not bee there.
    I think that its from the english "Please enter.....".

When startin conferance it sais: Var god BEEP konferansid och tryck.... Please BEEP conference id and press.... Please remove the BEEP.

Otherwise it works real good and its a good voice. What voice is it?

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

I will check them and let you know. thanks for the updates.

I dont know what voice it is - but I can give you the company name who did them for us if you want. I will check and let you know.

6. GMBİL

Hey great to see the voice prompts but we need Turkish (TR) voice prompt for our 3CX... Any announce about this?

7. MatsW

Hi,

There is another bug in the Swedish prompts: When you are about to record a voicemail it says

"Spela in ditt meddelande och tryck pundtecken eller start .... " (Original English message is "Record your message and press poundsign or star ..."

So the English "star" has been translated to "start" when it should have been "stjärna". ("start" in Swedish means the same thing as "start" in English which makes no sense on a phone keyboard)

Kind regards

Mats W

8. sipero123

Hi,

The UK English prompts still seem to have at least 2 Standard english prompts

1. number (after pessing 9 and then 3 in the voicemail menu to dial a number

2. full options by pressing 9 (even though I've updated this on an older installer I'm still getting the old standard english prompts)

Jonathan Hamon

9. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Go to system updates -

Redownload the UK english prompts again.

Prompt (9) should be UK style after this.

10. sipero123

Hi,

I tried that but for some reason found even after restarting the PBX it still did not work. I've now solved this my manually copying the file from another 3CX PBX to this system.

The only minor issue now is the file 'number' is the standard english rather than the UK English so stands out from the rest of the prompts.

Are there any plans to replace this?

Jonathan Hamon

11. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Forgot to mention that when making Changes with Prompt Files it's always good to also restart IIS it's self because it Caches the Prompt Files, and that's probably the reason why the prompts didnt change.

12. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I have just confirmed now - If you download the latest UK prompts and then you select them as current prompt set, the prompt set gets downloaded with Prompt 9 in UK english.

Maybe you have some cached prompt in the IVR - (Because it happens when we change a complete prompt),

So After you download it, make sure that you restart the IVR service and wait a bit untill it caches the new files. (open task manager and see CPU usage for IVR service). you will see it spiking up - at this time IVR is caching the prompts in Memory for quicker access. When CPU goes back to Zero, it means that everything is cached and IVR related components are registered.

Diall 999 and test the 9 option.

Also if you have one prompt which is in standard english (Number), Find a UK prompt message that has number inside it (Example: enter your personal identification number...then press pound), copy the file and cut the "NUMBER" part of the file with some audio formatting tool. Save it and replace it with the same file that has Number in Standard english.

13. sipero123

Hi,

For anyone who is interested here is a replacement number.mp3 file for the UK English prompt set. This download link will only be available for a limited time. I tried to upload here but it gave me an error message that .mp3 files are not allowed.

Jonathan Hamon

http://www.dialnumbers.co.uk/number.mp3

Attached Files:

14. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I made a small exception for small sized prompts of mp3 or wav extensions, but keep them small please :!:
    The Upload Limit for these files is 30kb so that VoiceMails / Recordings will not be allowed to upload. 8)

For any Larger amounts of Prompts you want to upload please use rapidshare or megaupload or other uploading hosts.

15. aesteve

aesteve New Member

Hi,

when will we can download the spanish prompts ?

16. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

They are already Available to download in the Updates Page in the PBX :p

17. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi -

Please download version 8, go to phonesystem updates and download the Swedish prompts again.

Set as default prompt set and try points 1 and 2 again - they should be fixed. Please confirm. If you see them as NEW please download them just the same.

We will re-record the issue in point 3.

Let us know if the updates work.

18. FrancisAnthony

Hi!

We would like also to inform you that there are Arabic speakers of 3CX. However, there are no Arabic voice prompt available. Is there a way that we can make this happen? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Francis
    IT Officer
    Retaj IT and Human Services
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

19. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You can go ahead and download the spanish prompts for Version 8 - system updates.

20. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

SWEDISH BUG

Hi we have a recording made for the fix of the star. Will be available today or tomorrow. Check system updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.