• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

NEW: 3CXPhone 1.2.10 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vali_3CX

Staff member
3CX Support
Reaction score
Hi all
3CXPhone 1.2.10 for Android has been released today and is available for download on Android Market. Details about fixes and changes will follows soon, but they are already available on the product details page.
Regards
vali

Thank you !!! I will use it tonight!

lg optimus one (p500 os 2.2.2) on wifi lan and 3cx9 pbx,
1 tone call on speaker not in earpiece
2 no audio on call
3 proximity sensor not work
some defect of release 1.2.9
work fine with csipsimple
good job :S

About proximity sensor, you enabled it in phone's Integration section? You have to enable and then restart, as specified. Also, proximity sensor is used, obviously, ONLY while you're in a call.

About speaker/earpiece, toggle has effect?

I installed yesterday. I can now make calls over 3G, but registration doesn't always happen on the first attempt. I have to shut down the app then restart. Will try out the bluetooth today. was hoping for a diag menu, and tunnel, but, so far so good. haven't had a chance to try, was the MWI included?

Tried it just an hour ago. Looks good.
Pitty though that tunnel integration isn't there yet.

Tried a call over Wif but over external server; sound quality wasn't great even though I was using the G711 codec.
Need to try some more but looks nice and stable.

leejor said:
I installed yesterday. I can now make calls over 3G, but registration doesn't always happen on the first attempt. I have to shut down the app then restart. Will try out the bluetooth today. was hoping for a diag menu, and tunnel, but, so far so good. haven't had a chance to try, was the MWI included?
Hi Leejor

Thanks for feedback.

About registration issue: when it happens, please don't shut down the app, only open account page then close it - in this version a re-registration is attempted in case account is not registered - and see if registers.

What about a diag menu?

Tunnel is in our plan, there is a prototype also, but don't expect it too soon.

MWI is not included yet, unfortunately - from my point of view, major improvements compared to 1.2.9 are the phonebook which (on models/OSs listed) works very well - including here calling, ringing and dialing "recognition" name/photo - and the proximity sensor. Reality is at this moment we are trying to improve - for both Android and Iphone's versions - internal architecture, changes which are not very visible to the end-user.

Regards
vali

Vali_3CX said:
What about a diag menu?

Sorry...I meant Debug menu. It might help when issues do arise that require troubleshooting.

leejor said:
I meant Debug menu. It might help when issues do arise that require troubleshooting.
I don't know what to say. What I don't like is the idea to fill phone's card with more or less huge tracelog files, or app's memory with "on-the-fly" traces. This is one thing. The second one, I'm not a big fan of logs because tracing, especially on files, implies write operations which might considerably slow down the app - and a phone card is a slow "support". Perhaps we will choose the solution I've implemented in the Android tunnel prototype - "remote trace": there, in the preferences, you specify an IP:port of a remote "debug server" (a simple listener) to which all traces are sent - in this way, you avoid card usage and app slow down, but you get more network traffic, but has the advantage me, in Cyprus, I am able to "monitor/debug", in real-time, your phone in Canada, if you ask/enable this.

We will see.

I've just found the debug feature, in the windows version, to be of help when registration has failed at a hotspot(or when setting up the phone for the first time). It gives me a quick idea of what "issues" I may have to overcome. Even if the logs are not retained it is useful, at times, to see the dialogue between the phone and the server, at the phone end.

Had a chance to try out the Bluetooth this morning. Works great for access to voicemail. However, when i tried calling any other valid number, including an extension, other than the one I'm calling from, just after hitting the off-hook button, it went back to on hook. If I call my own extension, it goes off to VM, no problem. Tried this about a dozen times. Then switched back to earpiece to try it again and the phone re-booted itself. Now it's still doing the same thing, going right back on-hook (except VM), but, occasionally it has brought up the profile list, for some reason. It seemed to be working fine the other day.

This is all over 3G, so I don't know if the network is causing these issues. Will try it out over WiFi, at a hotspot tomorrow, although WiFi has worked well in the past, just haven't had the opportunity to try it using Bluetooth.

Never mind...I think I discovered the issue. In an attempt to keep my data usage down I disabled the G711 codecs, leaving just the GSM and Speex. When I re-enabled those it now seem to work (earpiece & Bluetooth) OK. It's funny because I made that change yesterday and had placed several test calls that worked.

I notice that, if you switch off the Bluetooth headset, even though the 3CX phone switches back to the earpiece, Bluetooth still shows on the display.

Samsung i5800 Galaxy 3, Android 2.1
After upgrade, 3CXPhone won't register CallCentric provider. Nothing has been changed in profile settings :( :( :(

sergya said:
Samsung i5800 Galaxy 3, Android 2.1
After upgrade, 3CXPhone won't register CallCentric provider. Nothing has been changed in profile settings :( :( :(
Hi Sergya
It might be a problem of backward compatibility with 1.2.9 (we tried to be careful on this aspect, however). If you create a new account with the same credentials, this one is registering?
Thanks
vali

I haven't seen a confirmation that the latest version is supported in 2.3. The link to set-up doesn't appear to have been updated in a while (no date). Can we get a a yea or nay on Android 2.3?

Update...I see it now, no 2.3 yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TECHXNEPAL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.