• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

NEW: 3CXPhone ver 1.1.4 for iPhone available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vali_3CX

Staff member
3CX Support
Reaction score
The new 1.1.4 is available on App Store. IMPORTANT: Tunnel feature is NOT available! Here is the changelog:

NEW
- Support for iOS 5 (Notification Center must be enabled manually)
- Toggle for In/Out of Office settings
- Start-up screen
- Renewed SIP engine for better handling
- Improved audio handling and routing
- iPod playback stops and re-starts after a call
- Support for foreign characters
- Perform re-register in case network state changes (WiFi->WiFi or Wifi<->3G)
- Notification when phone becomes unregistered
- Notification Index for missed calls
- Profile Name will be provisioned (EXT@autoprov)
- Profile Display Name will be provisioned
- Recording exchange via iTunes
- GSM call handling
- Echo Cancellation

Fixed
- Incorrect handling of non-standard 5060 PBX SIP ports
- Unregister when application is terminated by iPhone (on multitasking devices)
- Improved multitasking (no longer based on audio)
- "Audio-friendly" with other applications
- Key-Pad-Sounds are routed to Earpiece after first call
- Ringing-Sounds are routed to Earpiece after first call
- Application hangs at start up (Stun resolving issue)
- Fixed PBX non-standard SIP port provisioning
- TCP port will be released correctly
- Removed duplicate INVITE when make/hold/retrieve calls
- Removed a "ghost" screen snapshot appearing for a short time when app starts
- Proximity sensor only handled during a call

Hello.

Why Tunnel feature is NOT available in new version.

Apple forced you to disable tunnel? Big brother is watching you...

Any idea when the "Tunnel" feature will be implemented in a future version and why it was removed from the latest update?

Hi Vali_3CX

Thanks for the comprehensive explanation in your post: http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cxphone-ver-1-1-2-for-iphone-22348-45.html#p113747
I hope that you and your department soon will find a proper workaround.

Dear Vali_3CX,

1.1.4 works perfectly with IOS5.0/iPhone4. Thanks for regular update. It is very important to users.

Humann

Hello. 3cx it's a best free sip phone. After update it work correctly on ios5, but, dtmf after connect is don't work :(

Kirill_o said:
it work correctly on ios5, but, dtmf after connect is don't work :(
Hi Kirill
Touchtones (audio feedback) are not working, DTMFs are properly sent. This issue happen on iOS5 - the same 3CXPhone running on an iOS4 don't has this issue. Apparently, they changed the behavior of their system API playing a sound. We will have to further investigate this issue.
Regards
vali

Vali_3CX said:
Kirill_o said:
it work correctly on ios5, but, dtmf after connect is don't work :(
Hi Kirill
Touchtones (audio feedback) are not working, DTMFs are properly sent. This issue happen on iOS5 - the same 3CXPhone running on an iOS4 don't has this issue. Apparently, they changed the behavior of their system API playing a sound. We will have to further investigate this issue.
Regards
vali
Thanks, I think they will make it quickly, because, as for me, I have offices in more country and my call existing from local operators. But now, I can't use this features, and I hope thats all be ok

There was a marathon with the issue of 1.1.x series of the 3CX iPhone App.
Without any doubts, there was a great jump on the app quality, and the new features and designs are very good.
But I´m still struggling with an issue about keeping the app on a ready state on my iPhone.
We´re running tests of the actual 1.1.4 app and it seems to keep the extension on-line for a longer time than the 1.0.23 version, but in our case, it still keep going out after some time.
I thought that this issue were solved with the new multitasking feature or the the new sip engine of the app, but it still keep the app disconnecting the extension from the server.
As I said in other posts, another SIP client app from a company called ageet Corp. has a very nice connection handling with the 3CX software and once started, it does not goes down in any time. 24 x 7. The only thing is that the ageet´s app does not have so much features (like call transfer and recordings) features as 3CX.
Does anybody still have this kind of problem of connections going down after some time with the new app ?

Regards for all !

Device Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Phone Model: [iPhone]
Generation: [3GS]
Firmware Version: [5.0.1]
Jailbreak: [NO]
Cydia Installed: [NO]

Issue Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Handset: [Phone]
Contacts: [Local]
Connection: [WiFi]
Server: [Internal|External]

I very much appriciate the thorough information about the case. Though I couldn't use the app, at least I knew that there was something going on and I tried again to get the working app as soon as it appeared.
Thanks to all the guys that kept me informed.

Tunnel feature

Dear Vali,

Thanks for all the info and the work to get the app working again. I'm really sad to see the tunnel feature gone. In dutch they have a saying that says you made us happy with a dead sparrow ;)
Coming back to solutions. I understood that you guys are going to followup on getting the tunnel working. I guess this is THE feature many many people have been waiting for and it has broken our hearts to see it go.. But I think this feature can be a major boost in the 3CX platform as many of my clients are really eager to see this coming,
Can you give me an update if your developers have already found a way to bake this in the "Apple 2.8 "way?
Furthermore I have tested it on a jailbroken phone and there it works like a charm... I think a lot of people including myself are willing to jailbreak to see this feature woking...
Any chance that if this does not go the Apple way to make it available through Cydia??

Hi Carrega

A decision regarding a solution to make the tunnel available will be taken in next few days; we are - and were - aware this is a feature very awaited by many users.

Until then, the "tunneled" 1.1.2 can be used only by the beta-testers (I explained few day ago) and by those having jailbreak installed on their devices (jailbreak seems to disable code-signature checking). Obviously, our goal is to make our product platform-compliant, to allow it to run on ALL devices, jaibreak-ed or not. So, my advice at this moment is to have some patience until we take a decision about how to make the tunnel available.

Best regards
vali

There is an opinion that Apple has an agreement with major GSM operators like AT&T not to allow any applications that can make calls using 3g. This feature simply would kill mobile operators. All the softphones which have this option are available only in Cydia. So no surprise at all with all the crushing of new 3cx phone and working release at last but without tunnel. No surprise at all.

Microsoft is going to publish their Lync client for Windows Phone 7 and iPhone in December. Guess what? It comes without voice module at all. And they are not sure when they are going to release full version.

I have no doubts that we will see softphones with tunnels and 3g option sooner or later - they can hold this forever but mobile operators need some time to get prepared to this revolution.

So the 1.1.4 version will not work with ATT over 3g is that correct?

If it work over wifi, is there a port I would have to open?

Hopefully will eventually get the tunnel version like Android, was waiting all month :)

well we had it, tested by 50 beta testers to work but apple did not liked it out of the know issues.
we have to see what we can do

Hmmm, still doesn't work when outside the local LAN which to me seems like the entire purpose of the app. Am I missing something??

KilroyWasHere said:
Hmmm, still doesn't work when outside the local LAN which to me seems like the entire purpose of the app. Am I missing something??

Upon further forum reading it is alledged that ATT 3g is the problem? Blocking SIP or what? I can switch to Verizon or Sprint if that is the solution. Would changing the SIP port on 3CX system help?

So...seems depressing, sometimes we hit a roadblock. Re-group/re-arm, come back fresh next month folks with 1.1.5, we can wait. I'd rather have remote web-based 3CX call reporting anyway.

; )

Hey Guys,

we are aware of your needs and most frustrating is, we have a solution we cant give you due to some "thoughts of Apple". Anyway, the core of the phone is already 1000% improved to the versions before plus some nice feat in it. We are working on it. Let time pass und we will manage to do, one way or the other.

In the meantime go to the itunes store and give us 5 stars, this will keep our development motivated and increases the internal importance of the product and we can allocate more time for this product.

For ATT Users, simply VPN into the office from the iPhone and then start the 3CXphone in in office mode. This would work 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albert.f
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.