NEW: 3CXPhone ver 1.3.4 for Android released

Discussion in 'Android' started by Vali_3CX, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

Yesterday we released 1.3.4, a quite minor update of 1.3.3. Basically, it contains two changes:
    - an updated resources-requirement manifest, accomodating Android Market filters to be "visible" to all suitable devices, mainly Android tablets.
    - Bluetooth support re-enabled (it was purposely disabled on 1.3.3).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jr3151006

jr3151006 New Member

Hi,

I´m still facing issues with speaker in this new version as my previous post:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/v1-3-3-using-rear-speaker-22402.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Just installed Ver 1.3.4 and have only had a chance to quickly go over the changes, I'll check out the phone function later today. The only thing so far, that I have a problem with is the "home" button at the bottom. While it is all well and good having a quick way to turn off the "I'm out of the office" setting, there is no quick way to turn that back on (that I've found). The button doesn't seem to toggle that setting and there is no indicator (that I've found) to inform you of what "mode" you are in. The way it is now, you have to go back into the settings/profile and check "I'm out of the office" each time you change locations. It's too easy to hit that button in error, have the phone stop registering , and have to figure out why (might be a network issue, might be the setting).

You need to either make the button toggle between settings, and reflect which one the phone is currently in (a big "R", for Roam, or a person walking?), or have an icon somewhere on the screen to let you know what the current setting is, then just mark that button as location (Loc.)

I like the addition of the prefix added to numbers in the directory. It obviously wont work with all PBX users dialling plans, being a single choice, but it is certainly is better than nothing and will be usable in a lot of cases.

When you first dial, the DTMF comes out the speaker (HTC Desire) even though it shows "earpiece" on the display. It does switch to the earpiece when the call is ringing but...the tones are a bit annoying and attract unwanted attention of those around you when it is quiet.

We just need the message waiting indicator now. Or is t there and I just haven't seen it yet?

4. elios115

yep, the new release have many nice features, in fact it works, does the job, connects and call but still facing many problems.
    -it disconnects when it s in background or when phone sleeps
    -screen keeps being on if u receive a call and u missed it.
    -power consumption is huge, it drains the battery in no time which is not the same with other sip applications.
    -no alphanumeric input, cannot use the contacts to call through the application.

hope the developper will take into consideration these points for the next release!!

5. mmatchen

Hello All,

Just wanted to report that we successfully tested the 1.3.4 Android app on Droid Incredible (1st Gen) and Samsung Galaxy SII, but the testing only went so far as using the 3CX Tunnel, registration, receiving a call, and making a call. We'll be sure to report other behavior as we continue to use it.

V/r,

Matthew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.