New 5.1 Version

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jlabuelo, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlabuelo

Hi all

This monday I got a mail saying that new 5.1 version was available and inviting me to upgrade my system. So what I have done is backed up my old one (which used the previous version), installing the new one 5.1, and restore the system with the backed up files.

But now I have a problem with the Server where I have this 5.1 version installed. It is collapsing my network and I can not access the internet. My internet provider says that the server where I have the 3CX PBX software opens up to 65000 NAT sessions... and that is blocking the other pc's of the network to access the Internet WAN. When I shut the server down, the sessions go down to 14, and I only have 3CX and a internal FTP server for my LAN which of course is not the cuase.

Is there any way to fix this? must I return to my previous version? does anybody else have this issue?

Thanks guys.

PCX is installed over Windows 2003 Server. 3GB RAM

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Re: New 5.1 Version Collapsing my network

Actually, latest update was a month ago. Are you sure you've got your installation from our site? Probably somebody gave you a trojan or something. Latest update has revision number 4510.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

Re: New 5.1 Version Collapsing my network

I also got the same email last monday from 3CX Team wich told there was a new verson available, so I checked out on 3CX Website, but no, there was nothing new...

First, go to http://www.3cx.com/ip-pbx/downloadlinks.html and grap the latest versions.

I would strongly suggest you that you do an uninstall. While it's uninstalled, check if the problem comes from another source. After the check, install it again. Your system behaves in a funny way, 3CX is not supposed to cause problems like that.

4. jlabuelo

Thanks a lot.... I was assuming something like that since I saw the behaviour.... I dont have the mail... even I must say it is quite realistic... and in the mail they knew the version I was using of 3CX.. Please let your friends know about this mail!!!... it kills your company network...and who knows what else. At this moment I have my antivirus running in all the machines.

Thanks a lot once more!!

5. jlabuelo

Hi Again

I have uninstalled the version I downloaded from the Fake 3cx site, and now I have downloaded the new 5.1 from 3cx.com. The problem I have is that seems that the Windows Installer is not working fine in my Windows 2003 SErver. I get this error message:

Any help with this?

Cheers

6. coelhopsi

jlabuelo,

Can you please install the application using verbose logging and send us the logs afterwards?

Run the following command to activate logging:
    msiexec.exe /i <path to 3CX MSI file> /log 3cxinstall.log

Send us the 3cxinstall.log file so we can check what could be causing this issue.

7. h2009

h2009 Member

I too got this email. It looks genuine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Yes this was a mail out for marketing reasons, just to remind people of the new features of 5.1.... It was not relation to an update of a build.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.