• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

New 5.1 Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlabuelo

Reaction score
Hi all

This monday I got a mail saying that new 5.1 version was available and inviting me to upgrade my system. So what I have done is backed up my old one (which used the previous version), installing the new one 5.1, and restore the system with the backed up files.

But now I have a problem with the Server where I have this 5.1 version installed. It is collapsing my network and I can not access the internet. My internet provider says that the server where I have the 3CX PBX software opens up to 65000 NAT sessions... and that is blocking the other pc's of the network to access the Internet WAN. When I shut the server down, the sessions go down to 14, and I only have 3CX and a internal FTP server for my LAN which of course is not the cuase.

Is there any way to fix this? must I return to my previous version? does anybody else have this issue?

Thanks guys.

PCX is installed over Windows 2003 Server. 3GB RAM

Re: New 5.1 Version Collapsing my network

Actually, latest update was a month ago. Are you sure you've got your installation from our site? Probably somebody gave you a trojan or something. Latest update has revision number 4510.

Re: New 5.1 Version Collapsing my network

I also got the same email last monday from 3CX Team wich told there was a new verson available, so I checked out on 3CX Website, but no, there was nothing new...

First, go to http://www.3cx.com/ip-pbx/downloadlinks.html and grap the latest versions.

I would strongly suggest you that you do an uninstall. While it's uninstalled, check if the problem comes from another source. After the check, install it again. Your system behaves in a funny way, 3CX is not supposed to cause problems like that.

Thanks a lot.... I was assuming something like that since I saw the behaviour.... I dont have the mail... even I must say it is quite realistic... and in the mail they knew the version I was using of 3CX.. Please let your friends know about this mail!!!... it kills your company network...and who knows what else. At this moment I have my antivirus running in all the machines.

Thanks a lot once more!!

Hi Again

I have uninstalled the version I downloaded from the Fake 3cx site, and now I have downloaded the new 5.1 from 3cx.com. The problem I have is that seems that the Windows Installer is not working fine in my Windows 2003 SErver. I get this error message:

There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package,a Script required for this install to complete could not be run. Please contact your software provider

Any help with this?

Cheers

jlabuelo,

Can you please install the application using verbose logging and send us the logs afterwards?

Run the following command to activate logging:
msiexec.exe /i <path to 3CX MSI file> /log 3cxinstall.log

Send us the 3cxinstall.log file so we can check what could be causing this issue.

I too got this email. It looks genuine.

Yes this was a mail out for marketing reasons, just to remind people of the new features of 5.1.... It was not relation to an update of a build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxFrank
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.