Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

New AD Server, Small Windows client issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by chaznsc, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaznsc

We successfully installed a new server this week via a consultant. Everything works EXCEPT the Windows client phones will not display status or the phone book. Calls still work however. I have attached the little warning we get on the client phone.

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It sound as if the port, used by your system for presence, has not been opened (forwarded) at the 3CX PBX end router/firewall.

http://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-phone-system-v14-ports/

Are you using other devices (remotely), for which this is working properly? (Is it only the Windows phones having this problem?)

3. chaznsc

The ports on the firewall are open. The only thing different are the local domain name has changed and the server has a different IP address.

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Send each user the welcome email and then provision the softphone with the configuration file that came embedded in the email.

5. chaznsc

I tried this on my windows box and now my soft phone wont even connect.

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you have changed the Internal/External FQDN and/or Internal/External IP of the 3CX Phone System post-installation, the Welcome Email will contain the incorrect information so it will not work.

If this is the case, make a Full Backup, uninstall, re-install, then restore your Full Backup, then try re-sending the Welcome Email again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.