Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

New Fanvil X5S,X6 - anyone using with 3CX?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dan_tx, Mar 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan_tx

dan_tx New Member

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

I have one X5S for test.
    Seems there are some issues with provisioning (3CX V.15 SP5), while X3S is OK.
    However the phone can be configured and works pretty well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Platonik

I have an X6 and wish to know when will the provisioning template be available for it. There are some changes from Fanvil in the way the X6 XML list the SIP accounts @ <SIP_Line_List> in the XML.

As of now, the template is compatible with the following models:

<models>
    <model ua="Fanvil H3">Fanvil H3</model>
    <model ua="Fanvil X3S">Fanvil X3S</model>
    <model ua="Fanvil X3">Fanvil X3</model>
    <model ua="Fanvil X4">Fanvil X4</model>
    <model ua="Fanvil X5">Fanvil X5</model>

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Has anyone used the X4G? I am considering these as replacement for the Grandstream 2130's.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I would stick with a phone that is included in the 3CX supported phones list to avoid any issues or incompatibilities.
    https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

6. craigreilly

My understanding is the only difference on 4G is gigabit connectivity. We use the passthru port so I don't want to restrict us to 10/100. Perhaps 3CX will add the G model?

#6 craigreilly, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  7. craigreilly

So I can now confirm the X4G comes up in 3cx as X4 and will use the template properly.

8. chin

Has anyone customized a Fanvil X5s or X6 template yet? Thanks in advance!

9. dan_tx

dan_tx New Member

I compared the Fanvil x5 config to one generated by the X6. Very different formats and would certainly explain why 3CX can't provision using a x5 or likely any other currentFanvil template.

It appears with the X6 the phone now can separate the sections of the config, since you can now "clear" only certain parts of the conflagration from the GUI.

Fanvil appears to be actively working on a compatible/official 3CX firmware, one that can auto provision some of the new settings I'm assuming. Just in the last month they put out a firmware that has added additional features. However for me this latest firmware broke the ability to change the background, but I'm sure the next one they will fix that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.