new features list

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by looker44, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. looker44

do you guys have a new features (over v11) list AND changed deleted features/operations?
    what are the GOTCHA ISSUES from upgrading from V11?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You mean the Change Log?

http://www.3cx.com/blog/change-log/phone-system-change-log/

3. amarsys

The main Gotcha seems to be the new 3CXPhone, which is supposedly the replacement for 3CXMyphone. If you use 3CXMyphone extensively then I suggest you try out the new 3CXPhone on a test system before upgrading your main system.

4. aspen

Does he mean the change log? Er, NO, he means real info on what has actually changed, i.e. all the things that are DIFFERENT to V11, stuff like the fact that the new MyPhone (aka 3cxPhone) is basically rubbish compared to MyPhone. Poor display of info, CTI simply doesn't work, queue member can't see queues or queue calls (unless you upgrade them to a manager), colours in presence very poor compared to MyPhone, no differentiation between any type of call, not able to see custom status comments, so what's the point? (most of these are not issues in the Andriod and perhaps iPhone versions, which are a big improvement on old).

Then there the name changes, it does make it simpler, but the new Pro version (ostensibly Call Centre Edition) also ahs some licensing changes, i.e. if you have V11 without call centre and upgrade to v12, you loose exchange integration, not that it's mentioned anywhere!

The 'free' version that some people at 3CX say is for testing only and others say (in writing) it's a full blown IP system with one or two limitations, actually now only has a max of 2 calls not 4, but to contra this, you can use all the features. Really? When we installed a free one (to setup and then add licenses key later) won't even allow hunt groups to work..

Oh, and not forgetting I re-provisioned my Yealink T22 as CTI mode wasn't working after the upgrade, still didn't work so factory reset my T22 and re-provisioned it again. Well it's would not pick up the provisioning template/file no matter how many times I rebooted it. Yes it got the provisioning URL ok, which is correct, but in the end I've had to set it up manually.

TO SUMMARISE - Version 12 is half completed, has potential, but is definitely a major backwards step over Version 11 so DO NOT upgrade any live installs to it unless you're ready to try and manually pick up the pieces and take a lot of flack from customers.

As usual, it seems the powers that be at 3CX are only concerned with getting it out of the door and not having any idea of how to serve a reseller market professionally. This can be seen clearly be tech releasing the v12 of the android and iphone clients as if they're current, when they depend on V12 that was in Beta, and in my opinion, should still be I Beta! (Note the release of SP1 only two weeks after v12 was released)

Not a happy reseller!

5. rogueblackburn

Use the demo license key, that enables all features of commercial licenses, including PRO edition. Yes, limited to 2SC, but perfect to pre-configure customer PBX using back-up & restore.

6. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi aspen,

to begin with CTI simply works, the fact that it has not worked on one phone that you have tried does not mean that the problem occurs to everyone, is your phone upgraded to the latest firmware version from the management console? this is usually the most common issue with users having problems with CTI,

queue members can see queue calls without being a manager if you have 3CX Phone System 12 pro edition. just add them as a queue member.
    "if you have V11 without call centre and upgrade to v12, you loose exchange integration" if something like this occurs contact sales and your problem will be fixed in a few seconds.

Custom status messages and comments also shown to the users of 3CXPhone for Windows in the large presence screen along with the forwarding rule for each status.

Android and iPhone clients features work fully and are being kept up to date
    To enable the full features install free edition then activate the demo key.

The Release of SP1 was done to add new features that were not available in previous version.

If you check the forums you will see a lot of other people who transitioned smoothly from 11 to 12 with no issues whatsoever

We are happy to help you sort out any issues that you are having but like i said if one person hasn't had the smoothest experience with the System it does not mean that V12 is half baked or in beta.

please let me know if you have any further questions or inquiries.

Best regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. looker44

yes aspen this is what i needed, real users issues of what works better when upgraded, what doesnt work as well when upgrading

can we use the v11 of myphone with v12?

8. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

No. If you go to the myphone website.. it will direct you to a page describing thus.

While I understand the "Rome was not built in a day" answer from 3CX.. understand that in many ways 12 is worse than 11. Using that phrase, it would appear that Rome was burned to the ground, and "New Rome" is not up to snuff as "Old Rome".. rather than building upon what was working well before to be even better, things took a step back.

It has less to do with dealing with change.. it has more to do with features lacking polish, features removed, and an overall product which I will not even suggest to any client to install. The burden is our own to run 3CX 12 and wait for the version which is at least par with 11.

Granted, there are some new features (presence on the smartphone.. though still needs work) which is a nice addition.. but the rough edges really do need to be smoothed out before I would consider a client deployment on 12.. period.

9. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Can we have a list of these rough edges?
    Also can we have them in point form?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.