New Firmware

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

So yesterday I added a new firmware to the T38 folder 38.0.146.2.rom and removed current: 38.0.23.16.rom
    What I realized is that the MACADDRESS.CFG files do not get updated automatically.
    That way when the phones reboot on Sunday morning, they should all get the new firmware. Right now, they will not.

Is there some way to globally update the CFG files? Even manually opening the extension making a small change and saving it does not update the firmware file name. It only grabs the changes that I made in the Template for T38.

So to me this seems cumbersome. I could manually update the firmware file name in the Template. But even then, I would have to edit every extension to get the changes to the template. Or, I could push manually.

Am I missing something?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MParticle

3CX Phone System -> Phones ->Select all the Phones in the List -> Click Re-Provision button.

This will regenerate the MAC.cfg file for each phone selected, reboot the phones.

If latest firmware was added to 3cx correctly then MAC.cfg will point to the new firmware. The phones will load firmware at the next boot.

3cx has If-Then logic in the templates to generate the pointing to the Firmware in the xml when the the MAC.cfg is recreated. Of course if that logic is missing it will not create the entries in the MAC.cfg

3. craigreilly

No sir. Reprovision phone does just that - right then and there. It reboots them.
    I am trying to have system recreate the CFG files automatically so when my scheduled Sunday 2am reboot occurs on the phone, it takes the changes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MParticle

I think what you asking is for a Time Delay/Schedule option to do a firmware update.

Which i am pretty sure does not exist.

5. craigreilly

No - not that either.
    1) When I upload a new firmware, that it should be associated with a template. Right now, the template has %filename% in there. How does it get this filename? Right now when I reprovision a phone - it uses the old firmware of: 38.0.23.16.rom. Even if I goto the extension, make a change, and hit save. The cfg for that mac address still has 38.0.23.16.rom in it. The template however, has %filename%.

2) I am asking that when I make a change to the Provisioning Template that all CFG files associated with that template get updated.
    Then when the phone does its automatic update (as it is scheduled to do for me at 2am on Sundays), it gets the new firmware and any template changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.