• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

New Free Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

JF007

Reaction score
Is there any way to get a different 1-year free license key. I'm changing from 3CX-hosted to AWS and I learned here in the forums that if I use the same license key the FQDN will be the same as the original install.

Yiannis mentioned that this is not recommended. I do not care about the old one and don't plan to keep it.

Do I request a new key? Do I use the same and DNS records will be updated?

Any help will be appreciated.

The situation with the free keys were that they were linked to an email address (unless it has changed recently).

My thoughts are that if you sign up again with an alternative email address then you will get a different key.

Hello @JF007

Yiannis mentioned that this is not recommended. I do not care about the old one and don't plan to keep it.

I apologise for the confusion. What i meant was your backup should not contain the licence key and FQDN info. You can use the same licence key if you wish no problem just don't include it in the backup. The reason is that the option "Include License Key Information & FQDN" also backups network settings like local IP or local FQDN. If you are changing servers it is best to leave that option un-checked. Once the installed asks for a key you can provide the same key which is bound to the FQDN previously used.
You can also release the FQDN from the key by accessing costumer.3cx.com and logging in with the credentials you got in the email during the original setup. If the key is released you can choose a different FQDN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.