Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved New Fuction FXS/DECT with Patton FXS GW

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Giorgio Ruga, Dec 19, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giorgio Ruga

Hi,
    I need help to configure a patton gateway (SN4112) in front of an analog FAX on a 3cx 15v SP4.
    How can I use the new function FXS/DECT ?
    It's possible, after the provisioning, let the patton work outside the PBX lan ?

Thanks

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello there,
    As a first step you need to create the fax extensions you are going to use under fax extensions. then navigate to FXS/DECT and follow the wizard to configure your FXS device. Choose your extensions (make sure you fill all available extension slots even though you might only need one) After you press ok you can click on the provisioning link and the configuration file will be downloaded which you can upload on the patton device.
    You can have the patton working remotely if you have a VPN connection and it appears as a local device to the PBX

business54 likes this.
  3. Giorgio Ruga

Hi,
    Just tested. Works fine.
    The gateway has two fxs port, i was just configuring one of them, and the 3cx doesn't generate the config file and let get it.

thanks a lot

4. business54

I only put in three of the four ports and could not get the config to work. Once I put in the 4th it worked like a charm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.