New guy- Problems Registering

Discussion in 'Android' started by Internguy, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Internguy

Ok Ive downloaded version 10 of 3cx phone systems and downloaded the newest phone for Android (Im using an HTC EVO). I believe Ive entered everything in okay but can not get the phone to connect.

Ive only been using 3g. Do I need wi-fi on and be on the network? Does my 3cx need to be a corporate copy?

Also let me know what info you guys need from the phone or system and I can post it.

Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

First of all, try getting it to work through WiFi, from your home LAN, then from a remote location. If you succeed, then move on to 3G. Be sure you have the box ticked to call using 3G, in the menu. There is a possibility that your provider may not allow it to work over 3G. It won't make any difference in the 3CX version, but be sure that you have the remote registrations enabled in the extension settings of 3CX. Check the 3CX server logs, it will show if a registration attempt is being received and if it is being rejected.

3. Internguy

Ok I got on the WIFI and was able to make it through. I just needed to have access to it via phone so wifi or 3g didnt matter to me. Thanks for the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.