• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

new inbound calls instant diversion to an external device

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaquilina

Free User
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I am managing a setup at work where by we have a Patton Device, as well as a GSM gateway. we have both a VOIP number with melita and 2 mobile numbers which we use for 24 hour support.

I am all of a sudden seeing that when a call comes in it rings twice then diverts instantly to my work mobile. We also have diverts setup at the sim level through our mobile providers to form an external hunting line, and this protects us against any power outages as well as any internet down time as we will still get any phone calls to these numbers instantly diverted to our mobile devices.

What do i have misconfigured where it only rings twice and then diverts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: new inbound calls instant diversion to an external devic

The gateway may not be receiving the correct response from 3CX, it then assumes that the PBX is not available, and diverts the call. The 3CX Server Logs may provide some information. The other explanation is that there is a misconfiguration in the gateway or with your provider. Trying the SIM in another phone would would show if an incoming call is still diverted, then it would be a provider issue.

You say that this is happening "all of a sudden", so... this was working correctly previously? Were any changes made to your system or network?

Re: new inbound calls instant diversion to an external devic

Oddly enough what the issue was was due to me having it set to ring on my mobile device as well. As soon as I removed that the calls kept ringing no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.