New Install Issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rfsHugh, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rfsHugh

Hi, new to voip and this is my first post here so please excuse my lack of experience!!

I have recently installed (and subsequently tried re-installing) 3cx onto a local machine. During the last stages of the installation an error message appeared both times saying something along the lines of;

company directory service failed to start

this message could be dismissed by clicking ok, after which the system loads fine. I have provisioned two Cisco 7940 phones which seem to start fine with the 3cx logo and correct line names etc. However I am unable to make any calls at all.

When checking the management console under extension status all lines are saying not registered. Also under service status most of the listed services are not running if this makes any difference (worrying '3cx phonesystem' is one of those not running).

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to look!!??

Thanks
    Hugh

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Just about any answer at this point, is going to be a guess as there could be any number of "conflicts" to do with the system you are installing 3CX on.

What operating system are you using?
    Is this a "virgin" install of the OS, or is this machine running other programmes or has it been used for other purposes in the past? Could there be a programme that is still present that could be causing a conflict (have you stopped any unnecessary programmes)? Have all of the updates been done prior to the 3CX install? What are the hardware specs?

What happens if you manually start the services? Do they start and continue to run?

3. rfsHugh

You were spot on, there was remaining software from a previous use. Once this was removed all services seem to be running without problems. Thanks for the pointer towards a quick fix!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.