Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

New Installation - Questions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by furian73, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. furian73

This will be my first installation on 3cx so apologies for the questions.

Here is the scenario.

3 x PSTN lines coming into building.

Customer wants lines 1 & 2 to go to specific handsets only

line 3 is to come in, hit a Digital receptionist and give some options.

once the caller presses the required option the call gets route to the required extension be it offsite via the IOS app or softphone etc..

I can understand the inbound call routing and the configuration but am trying to work out what VoIP Gateway card to use.

To start with the customer is only using the PSTN lines for incoming and outgoing calls not any VoIP service provider.

Any help is gratefully received.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You first choice for a PSTN gateway would be one supported by 3CX.

http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/

Be aware that many of the PC-card type gateways are not supported by windows, which rules out their use with 3CX.

Since you will be treating each line as an individual trunk, you will want a gateway that allows this and does not force all lines to be part of one trunk group.

In general, gateways that allow this, accomplish it in a couple of ways.

Some use a single IP, for the gateway device with each line assigned a different port number, which is the type I would recommend (can't speak for anyone else and other may feel differently).

I would also be certain the gateway can be configured manually through a GUI as you will be trying to provision it in a way that may not allow auto provisioning .

Some of the other forum members , that have experience with this may be able to provide additional help/advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.