Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

New installation questions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by edokim, Dec 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edokim

I recently installed 3CX via PBX Express on Google Cloud. This is my first experience with a PBX, and have several questions:

1. Webclient. I am able to connect and control (initiate calls, etc.) my 7960 from the webclient. However, for new extensions I add, the phone works, but through the webclient cannot initiate calls. They can see presence, and chat, and apparently all other tasks, except initiate calls (on the phones). The windows client work perfectly for everyone, but not the webclients. They all (except for mine) keep saying 'phone not connected.' Any thoughts?

2. iPhone app. The app works on the iphone, but I see that it keeps registering and unregistering constantly (every 20 mins or so). How can I change this?

3. Logo. How do I go about uploading my logo for the 7960's to Google Cloud? I am provisioning the phones on a dedicated TFTP server, and I can specify the URL, and I have prepared the logo in the right format. I just don't know how to upload it to the cloud.

4. LCD Language. I converted the 7960's to SIP and they work great. Is there a way to change the LCD language to spanish?

5. Voicemail time stamp. When reading the time, all messages use the PBX time zone. Is there a way to have it read the time zone where the phone is physically located? We use phones in different zones.

I know I am asking a lot. I will greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Ed

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Ed
    How do you know about this? You keep the iPhone open with 3CX client in the foreground for (let's say) 30 mins and you see it unregistering? Or you see in the Management Console that extension assigned to iPhone becomes unregistered?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. edokim

I see it in the console log. Also, when I bring up the app on the phone, I see it takes a couple of seconds to register. It does not appear to affect functionality, but it just seems strange.

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

That's the normal behavior for iOS client - it unregister to activate push.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. edokim

Thanks for the info, Vali. Any feedback on the other points? I am specifically concerned about the webclient issue.

6. edokim

I should mention that I have SBC running. I currently have four phones installed and they are working fine, other than the issues described above.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

8. edokim

Thanks @leejor. I read through the link info, but does not seem to resolve changing the lcd language for sip phones; but maybe I'm missing something.

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

From what I gather, you need to find and download a "localization" file that supports the language that you want. That may be easier said than done, especially if you are using a SIP set. I'm not certain if the same file works on both SCCP and SIP. As it stands, these sets don't seem to be well supported any longer, or may require a fee to Cisco. Hopefully someone has a file available.
    Have a read through this, https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/do...dmin/configuration/manual/cmeadm/cmelocal.pdf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.