• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

New missed call email notification - caller id

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christos11

Reaction score
I have successfully connect pstn line in a 3cx extension - for example ext. 001 (via grandstream handytone 503 pstn to voip fxo).
i have succefully connect a softphone in another 3cx extension - for example ext. 002.

I have successfully forward the caller id from pstn line to softphone via 3cx
Also successfully appears the pstn caller id in email notification for voice message in voicemail.

BUT
in email notification for new missed calls as caller id appears the extension number. in our case 001 instead of pstn caller id.

i think its a 3cx system error. it seems that the parameter "PARTYCALLERID" in new missed calls email template reads the extension number instead of the pstn user number, despite that in softphone screen (unanswered calls) appears correctly the pstn caller id

This is what it looks like:
upload_2018-1-31_14-5-13.png

If you are seeing the wrong information "From" field, you most likely need to adjust the information in the "Inbound Parameters" tab of your Gateway entry in 3CX. What you need to do is find in which SIP field the GW is sending you the Caller ID (not to be confused with the Display Name), then adjust the Inbound Parameters accordingly by setting the "CallerNum" variable to that SIP field.

Alternatively, you could go for a supported GW unit that should have all already sorted out.

thank you for your answer but
1. the 3cx pbx is in cloud
2. i have connect pstn line via handytone 503 fxo port with 3cx extension
3. i forward the pstn line to voip extension via handytone 503.

i haven't create any sip trunk or geteway to make settings you suggested me. I have to do port forwarding for this and its complicated and less secure.
Is there a solution as it is connected now? (via extensions).

everything works fine except of caller id in email notification.

thanks

I see what you mean.

In that case no. In order to get this working you would have to register your GW, as a "Gateway" in 3CX to get access to these options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.