new person help please!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Supplement Savers, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Supplement Savers

Hi -

I have just put the free version of 3CX on my computer, and had to install apache (version 1.3) but when I try to run the phone system I get:-

Apache.exe application error

The instruction at "0x0078a370" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

Does anyone know what I have done wrong? Is it on the apache or 3CX installation?

Help!!!!!
    thanks in advance
    duncan hutchinson

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

I believe that error has nothing to do with 3cx or apache but with windows, i get that too from time to time. No idea how to solve it thoug. That also might be a memory problem, anyways, try to reinstall 3CX again. Try to install in another directory.....

Cheers

3. Supplement Savers

i'm still stuck!

I have uninstalled 3cx and reinstalled it in a different folder all to no avail! .....

anyone got any other ideas? ?? ?

cheers
    duncan

4. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Do you have apache as a stand alone application on this machine prior to installing 3CX? 3CX will install its own version and I expect there would be conflict.

5. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I had that on a server and had to rename the other apache folder to install 3CX. Not a great workaround but check and see if you have another version on there.

6. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

You dont need to install Apache to use 3CX. Also you installed an old version of Apache. Best to uninstall Apache if you dont need it.

7. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Care to ellaborate?

Don't you need it to get to the management page? Or can you use IIS instead?

8. weebnuts

3cx comes with a version of Apache built in, so you do not need to install anything else than the 3cx program.

9. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

But there seems to be issues with installing if there is already an apache server on the system. 3CX then adds it own and conflicts pop up.