• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

new person help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supplement Savers

Reaction score
Hi -

I have just put the free version of 3CX on my computer, and had to install apache (version 1.3) but when I try to run the phone system I get:-

Apache.exe application error

The instruction at "0x0078a370" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

Does anyone know what I have done wrong? Is it on the apache or 3CX installation?

Help!!!!!
thanks in advance
duncan hutchinson

I believe that error has nothing to do with 3cx or apache but with windows, i get that too from time to time. No idea how to solve it thoug. That also might be a memory problem, anyways, try to reinstall 3CX again. Try to install in another directory.....

Cheers

i'm still stuck!

I have uninstalled 3cx and reinstalled it in a different folder all to no avail! .....

anyone got any other ideas? ?? ?

cheers
duncan

Do you have apache as a stand alone application on this machine prior to installing 3CX? 3CX will install its own version and I expect there would be conflict.

I had that on a server and had to rename the other apache folder to install 3CX. Not a great workaround but check and see if you have another version on there.

You dont need to install Apache to use 3CX. Also you installed an old version of Apache. Best to uninstall Apache if you dont need it.

Care to ellaborate?

Don't you need it to get to the management page? Or can you use IIS instead?

admin said:
You dont need to install Apache to use 3CX. Also you installed an old version of Apache. Best to uninstall Apache if you dont need it.

3cx comes with a version of Apache built in, so you do not need to install anything else than the 3cx program.

But there seems to be issues with installing if there is already an apache server on the system. 3CX then adds it own and conflicts pop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.