New Phone Calling out as Extension not Display Name

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Lauren Slotta, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lauren Slotta

We just had a new phone set-up in the office yesterday. Today I went in and changed the display name for the users' name. When I call out on the phone, it still shows up on the recipients phone as the extension number. When the phone is hung up, it shows the display name on the top bar, but when I pick up the phone to make a call out, the extension number shows back up.
    How is this changed so the Display name or employee's name is showing when making internal calls out. Or do I just have to wait for a while for it to load?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This may depend on the make/model sets you are using. What are they? Are they all the same..i.e is there a different behaviour when calling a different make of set?

To be clear...when calling another extension, only the extension number is showing on the called party's display? Is that the issue, you want both the name and number showing.

3. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

From time to time your phone will ask the PBX, do you have any configuration changes for me? (the frequency varies from Mfg to Mfg). You will have to wait for the other phones to update their company directory. Or, reprovision the phones :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It might be a "directory issue", or it might not. The name and number should be sent, by default. the set might make use of the name, or it could be overwritten by the name stored against that number, in the phones directory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.