Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

New Phone System

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Kelers, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelers

Hi I am currently trying to replace my phone system but would hope not to have to replace all of my hardware of Cisco 7940 handsets.
    What kind of hardware would I need to purchase in order to handle the following?

23 x Local Cisco 7940
    4 x Analogue Phones (1 x fax & 3 x dect phones)
    3 x Non-Local Cisco 7940 (1 in Scotland, 1 In Nottingham & 1 in Spain)
    It needs to be able to handle up to 16 concurrent calls.

Our current system uses 2 broadband lines (I believe are BT lines) which only get about 4.2 meg actual speed on a good day (Up to 20 meg lines). The system isn't hosted locally so if there are any problems with the host we lose our whole system for up to 2 hours some times hence why I'm looking for a locally hosted solution so external problems fall with the broadband line suppliers.

Once i've purchased a Server to handle your system what would I then need to purchase from yourselves to be able to have the 16 concurrent calls, some call reporting software and some managment software for moving phones about and call forwarding and stuff?

If you need any other info let me know

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

First off, be sure that the Cisco sets will work with 3CX. Do they currently have SIP firmware? See...http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/cisco-7940g-7960g/
    For the 4 analogue phones, you'd need ATA's, like a couple of SPA-2102, or one of a number of four ports units.
    For the remote sets, again, they would have to have SIP firmware.

3. active5

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.