Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

New PSTN/VoIP Gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by psykomotor, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psykomotor

Hi,

I currently run a 3CX server with a normal SIP line (inbound) and a SIP trunk (outbound), which works great.

I am moving into a serviced office location soon, and they insist that we have one telephone line fitted, connected to thier internal system, i.e for intercom with reception and opening the doors after hours (which makes perfect sense).

However, I don't want to have to have to use a separate handset for that line, i'd like all calls to be passed to 3CX just like inbound calls on the SIP line. The phone line will come in as a typical RJ11 connection.

From what I gather to install this as another line on 3CX (exactly like the SIP lines, just a different medium), I will need a VoIP Gateway. I was wondering if anyone could confirm if the following are different, and if indeed, they would be suitable for what I am trying to do :

http://www.telephonydepot.com/product_p/109-010-001.htm
    http://www.telephonydepot.com/product_p/105-056-286.htm

Just hoping that they would :

- Not need to be set up as an extension, i.e Operate identically to a SIP Provider/SIP Gateway in terms of appearing as a 'line' in 3CX
    - Thus be available for selection in an outbound dial plan.
    - Work bidirectionally

All advice appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. galal202

galal202 New Member

Chose between Linksys SPA3102 or Grandstream HT-503

3. AJAY

Depends on their internal system.
    Could be any number of set ups.
    i.e proprietary digital, analogue key, hybrid etc.
    Before you can specify or recommend a gateway the spec of supplied system has to be considered.

4. psykomotor

Thanks for replies.

I should have mentioned that I already have a router that I do not want to replace - would these be suitable for connecting to my network (i.e do not require WAN/Phone Line) ?

Interesting point, judging by the telco documents they have sent the line is indicated as 'digital'. Wondering exactly what that means - perhaps if I found out what model of handset they normally connect to it, I would be closer to picking a suitable gateway ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.