new release 8 ???

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sharmack, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharmack

Hi
    Does anyone know when new major release 8 (I'm using ver 7)is due and
    what new features is it gonna include?
    I'm waiting for console attendant equivalent of Call Assistant on Cisco.

Cheers
    Shaun

2. instantexpert

I wouldn't be expecting too much very soon. V7 is less than two months old and doesn't even have any patches yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sharmack

I need a Call Attendant feature and the security feature where groups of exts can not see other groups of exts if required if they belong to two different companies/depts using one PBX

Well it doesnt have to be in version 8 , it could be in version 7.5 or nearest patch but without them
    I can not implement mulptiple enviroment where I have 50 different companies using one PBX

Shaun

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Shaun

:mrgreen: Quite demanding. For 50 different companies optimum is to use 50 PBXs - a company having 50 employees don't provide them a single 50-places bus 8) If your single PBX machine goes down due to any reason, then all yours 50 companies will "goes down" also.

vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sharmack

Hi
    Its not really quite demanding and its not a case of using 50 PBXs for 50 companies as common sense dictates that you dont need PBX system for most SME companies where you can have from 1 to 20 people. 2 man band can use 2 ISDN lines, 20 man company may only need 10 ISDN lines or maybe ISDN 30 with 10 channels and small PBX
    In service office enviroment where you have eg. 50 companies under one roof one good PBX can do the job and does the job.

I agree with the fact that if this PBX goes down then 50 companies are without the phone service however you can have another mirror PBX on standby ready to kick in should the first one goes down. In case of software PBX its even easier.
    Obviousely on top of that we have SLA where should something happend with PBX maintainer will come and fix it or replace
    And saying that for 50 companies you need optimun 50 PBXs is like saying you need 50 servers to host 50 websites.
    Basically you dont need seperate PBX for few/several 2-10 man bands under one roof and service office is a good example where one good PBX can handle more than one company if right feature are in place to do so.
    Even single company with lots of departments can benefit from this feature as they may want to answer their calls differently depends of what department has been called especially when one central manned reception answers first line of calls.

At the moment we have 4 locations and they using 4 differnet PBXs which are capable of handling calls for well over 50 companies each.
    If those PBX are able to do it then I'm sure software PBX should be able to do it especially that you can much easier and quicker rewrite software than re-desing and manufacture hardware PBX.
    The only problem we have with them is that their features are a bit limited. To obtain features like DR, call recording, call queuing is possible but not cost effective.

So as you can see its a real life which dictates your needs (or if you want to stay ahead of the game you need to offer your clients what they want) and as it can be done using ordinary PBXs then for 3CX to gain more clients this feature is a must.

Cheers
    Shaun

6. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

What you need is a multi tenant system. This is in our road map, but we dont have an exact date for it. Sometime in 2009.....

To be frank, some of your conclusions in your mail are wrong. I can assure you that a PBX is not comparable to a website on a web server. If only it was that easy :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.