New server, now 3CX won't work

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tel19, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tel19

Sorry, I originally posted this in the wrong forum after searching for an answer ...

I built a new server (Windows 7) and moved the 3cx config across from a backup, so no changes.

I updated the router with the new IP address of the server on all port forwarding.

All SIPs are registered, I can make outgoing calls but no incoming calls are routed to the PBX. The firewall checker fails stating "5060 no response received, or port mapping is closed. Port forwarding not configured correctly". But it is the identical configuration which was working before, just forwarding to a different IP address.

Any ideas please?

2. tel19

This morning it is working! I haven't changed anything!!

I do get strange things happening with this system regularly, does anyone else?

3. IT Hamster

A few things to note-

When restoring from a backed up config you will want to check your SIP Trunks and Network configurations.

The restored config will bring over the old local IP address of the server it used to live on. I've found that this can cause weird issues from Non-functioning SIP Trunks to dropped calls due to incorrect IP In the SIP header.

Secondly, in your firewall- make sure you have UDP and TCP protocols enabled for your SIP port rule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.