New Service Pack Update for V.11

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by danhriscanu, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

We made a new Service Pack Update to 3CX Phone System v.11.
    Please click here for more information: http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-phone-system-11-service-pack-1/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ColinS

Unfortunately for me, it is consistently failing & rolling back.

Here's the error from the 3CXUpdater.log:

12:50:12.639|Inf(03)| Copying the original file: E:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\3CXEventLog.dll
    12:50:12.639|Inf(03)| To rollback file: E:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\RollBack\Programs\Bin\3CXEventLog.dll
    12:50:12.639|Inf(03)| Start updating the file: E:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\3CXEventLog.dll
    12:50:30.858|Inf(03)| The following file could not be updated: E:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\3CXEventLog.dll
    12:50:30.858|Inf(03)| Delete the roll back file
    12:50:30.858|Inf(03)| An error occurred while writing the following file:programs\Bin\3CXEventLog.dll
    12:50:30.889|Exc(03)| System.IO.IOException: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

at PhoneSystemUpdater.ProgressUpdater.UpdateFile(ZipInputStream& s, String filePath, String rollBackFile)
    at PhoneSystemUpdater.ProgressUpdater.UnpackZip(String fileName)
    12:50:30.889|Inf(03)| An error occurred while restoring the files
    12:50:30.889|Exc(03)| System.IO.IOException: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

13:00:34.422|Inf(03)| Start rolling back the files

Can anyone suggest what I ought to be doing that I am not to prevent 3CXEventLog.dll from being in use - otherwise I suspect it might be 3CX itself?!! :S

3. tiziano

I installed the service pack and since then incoming calls to the ring group get the "feature not available in 3CX free edition" message. Till now they worked properly, on our free edition.

What's wrong? a new limit of the free version? how to revert to the previous version?

thanks

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Ring groups should work fine - but not queuing.
    I have not installed yet on my test system - it's an after lunch project.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. tiziano

Made further testing and even an incoming call routed to an extension directly, gets the same message. I temporarily solved the problem by activating the demo license for two simultaneous calls, but I'd prefer getting back to the 4 simultaneous calls of the free version.

6. jse@sitecore.net

I have same problem as ColinS.

Any solution to this ?

Thanks

7. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

@ Colin
    Do you have Event viewer running? I yes close and update your phonesystem.
    Thanks

8. ColinS

@ Michael

No Michael, I was certainly not using it at the time the update was run. Could it still be open from some earlier use (which I have long-since closed), as this is a long-uptime server it's hosted on? i.e. should I try reloading the system?

Colin

9. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

First you need to check E:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\3CXEventLog.dll if its being used by another process.
    Install Process Explorer and put the above path to confirm that.

Also confirm if some antivirus is blocking the updater to update.
    Do you have real time virus scanning software enabled?

Another thing check File Permissions too.

If problem still persist, I suggest you open a support ticket.
    Thanks

10. 12426

We installed it and all outbound rules stopped working. When we looked at the rules, for every one the Route had been changed to "BLOCK CALLS". When we tried to change them back, we would get a error. WE were also unable to create new rules. I was under the gun, so I immediately removed 3CX and and reinstalled it. All is back to normal. Sorry that all the info I have, just wanted to make people aware.

11. millsey

millsey New Member

Same problem with the 3cxeventlog.dll happening here:

23:16:16.706|Inf(03)| Start updating the file: C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\3CXEventLog.dll
    23:16:34.771|Inf(03)| The following file could not be updated: C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\3CXEventLog.dll
    23:16:34.771|Inf(03)| Delete the roll back file
    23:16:34.771|Inf(03)| An error occurred while writing the following file:programs\Bin\3CXEventLog.dll
    23:16:34.771|Exc(03)| System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\3CXEventLog.dll' because it is being used by another process.
    at PhoneSystemUpdater.ProgressUpdater.UpdateFile(ZipInputStream& s, String filePath, String rollBackFile)
    23:16:34.771|Inf(03)| An error occurred while restoring the files
    23:16:34.771|Exc(03)| System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\3CXEventLog.dll' because it is being used by another process.
    23:16:40.699|Inf(03)| Start rolling back the files

12. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Anyone seeing a issue if they try to add an emergency numbers? Since installing SP1 if i try to add an emergency number it shows in the list. But as soon as you go out of that tab and go back into it it is gone. It also does not create a outbound route anymore like it used to.

13. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Beta versions cannot be upgraded to release by SP1 package. You need to backup configuration and uninstall Beta. Then download full installation of v11, install it and restore the backup.

14. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Try downloading the c++ 2010 redis, that may get the job done.

15. jpillow

I'm having the exact same problem when you removed the sp1 and added it again did you use version 11 or rever to version 10 to enable ring groups

16. jpillow

ctually I am 100% wrong it looks like for v11 C3X is disabled ring groups as a feature so you will have to go back to v10. or v11 without SP1 if at all possible. Huge thumbs down on this one 3cx!!!!!!!!!

17. jpillow

V11 SP1 doesnt allow call groups as a feature so you will have to go back to the beta version or use V10 if you would like to continue to use Ring groups in the free version BOOOOOOO 3CX!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep this up and there will no reason tonot use 3cx as opposed to AVAY or Cisco. I'm truly disappointed.

18. jpillow

According to support 3cx doesnt enable call groups on v11 SP1. BOOOOOOOO 3CX looks like they are following the trend of Cisco, Avaya etc.... Which is the exact reason I became a 3cx partner, but if this keeps up pretty soon there will be no reason to go back to another competitior

19. craigreilly

Wait a minute - got rid of ring groups all together for paying customers in SP1? ? ?

20. craigreilly

I've got a demo license on a test system and ring groups are working - so maybe only in the FREE version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.