new system - can anyone help?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mattstarkie, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattstarkie

I wonder if anyone can help me. Im a newbie to phone systems. I have no problem setting everything up. Its just a few things cant work out or get the information on. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

The set up will be

38 SIP power over ethernet phones - All phones have a dedicated network point
    48 Port switch with power over ethernet which will power all the phones
    1 Dedicated Windows XP Pro machine to use as the server
    1 VOIP gateway

We currently have two standard lines coming in one is for voice and one is for fax. We have nine extensions on this. The number 9 needs to be dealt to gain an outside line.

The voice telephone number for the sake of the example is UK 01282 432009

I intend to use a 3 digit extensions ie.. extension 001 to 038. Any problems with doing this?

I was wondering if i used a voip gateway. Would the internal numbers be able to be directly dealt from the outside. By dialing 01282 432009 001 for example?

Would i be able to set it up so that if the main number was dialled (01282 432009) would i be able to set it up so it rang on 3 nominatted phones and if possible transfered to another phone on the network if need be?

Another feature i was looking at is if it was possible to bar all outgoing calls apart from 999?

If anybody could give any help on this it would be much appreciated.

Thankyou for any help you may give.

Matt

2. mattstarkie

Hello

Thankyou for your reply.

With regards to the lines we currently have. Will i need to do anything with these?

Will i need to upgrade them. So that calls can be put through to other extensions?

At present they are standard lines with a PBX?

When we looked at getting a company into set us all up. They wanted us to get 4 channels of ISDN 2?
    They also wanted us to buy 40 DDI numbers for each of the extensions.
    They also wanted us to buy broadband from then.

In basic. I now know that the system will do what i need it to do and i also know all teh hardware i plan to use this is :

1 X Netgear PROSafe GS748TP Smart PoE switch (48 port switch with full power over ethernet on all ports.
    38 x Snom 320 Phones
    1 x VOIP Gateway
    1 x New Funitsu Siemens XP Professional pc to use as dedicated server.

.....I just need to know about what i need to do with our BT lines.

If anyone can help it is much appreciated

Thankyou all
    Matt

Thanks,
    Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.