New System Design

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Luckyearl, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckyearl

Hi Guys, a complete newbie!!,

I am a networked system, but have firewall which would block any communication with outside. I want a system which can recieve voice calls and fax over old style PSTN lines x3 and outgoing calls over gsmx2 and if needed over PSTN. at presnt unable to use VOIP due to firewall.
    What I have
    I have around 15 networked PC
    8 IP phones Cisco

Guys..plz suggest
    1. would 3cx work in this enviorment and would be happy to pay for 3cx (I need IVR, Call recording, Voice boxes where people could leave messages for different things etc)

2. I am sure I would need GSM gateway .. ? any suggestions

3.Any PSTN to LAN adapters

3. Is is possible to use softphones & the extension number Mr X autoatically moves with his Windows Login ( i.e. if Mr X logs on on computer in room1 to room 5, his personnel extension would transfer to pc in room 5)

Thanks in advance..plz suggest whts the best way forward

Lucky

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi Lucky,
    For access to call providers:-
    If you need to keep the firewall restrictions in place, you could enable a second Broadband connection dedicated to VoIP. Only the 3CX machine would use it for accessing VoIP services.

For the best performance I would suggest Patton gateways to work with the three analogue lines.

For GSM, Portech have a gateway that supports 2 SIM cards. This is a very effective solution and works well with 3CX.

Other requirements
    Yes 3CX would meet all your requirements, in terms of call recording, IVR, and voicemail. There is also much more potential should you need it.

I don't think that a softphone would move with the user, depending on where he logs in.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Luckyearl

Thanks Richard

Quite informative, your thoughts on using Linksys SPA3102 x3 for PSTN lines and protech for gsm, would that work ok.

also any suggestions for softphones

I sthat ok to contact you for a quote and other requirmets

thanks
    lucky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.