Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

New to 3CX; extension invalid password

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by techalex, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techalex

Hello all,

I am new to 3CX. Just installed last night, when I try to register an extension, I get an invalid password error in the phone settings. I have checked and re-rechecked the password on both, 3CX and phone, and still I keep getting the same error.

By the way, this is an SNOM870 SIP phone. Here is the error that I get:

1003@99.XXX.223.XXX:5060: Invalid password provided

Am I missing something simple here?

Server Event log reports the following:
    SIP request (REGISTER) from 99.XXX.223.XXX was rejected. Reason: Block WAN requests is ON.

16:42:14.516 [CM102001]: Authentication failed for SipReq: REGISTER 99.XXX.223.XXX:5060 tid=-q5jbgv cseq=REGISTER contact=7000@10.0.1.36:2052 / 25265 from(wire); Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

Thank you.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In the extension settings, do you have the "allow remote registration" (or something to that effect) enabled?

3. techalex

I did not see that specifically, but the Disallow Extension outside the LAN was enable, so I disable that, and bingo! Extension is registered. Thank you for you help!

4. williamae

I had the same problem, It was because of remote access deny rule, Thx

5. danthony73

hey all,
    I am having the same problems, can someone point me to where extension settings are?

Thank you!

6. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

I might be wrong, but you should not have to change that to open for it to work. Sounds like you have something wrong in the config. Also with leaving that open you very well could have someone sign on out of the network and use your account..

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are using 3CX, it should be obvious. You may wish to download and review the manual.

If they are outside the "home" LAN, then it is required for that extension. As long as you don't use a simple-to-guess password, there is not a big security risk. A hacker would have to know both the extension number AND it's password. Enabling "remote" extensions is on an as-needed basis only, you don't open up all of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.