Solved New to 3CX - FQDN issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by broadcastguy, Sep 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broadcastguy

Hi all,

I'm looking forward to seeing all that 3CX has to offer but I've hit an initial road bump that I was hoping someone could offer some insight on...

I just deployed a fresh 3CX install on a KVM VPS (third party), with Debian, and have the Free Edition license. When I go through the setup, everything is good until I choose the 3CX FQDN and it begins the process of generating the certificate. I always get an error, regardless of which route I take, that says "Error creating FQDN - One or more errors occurred. (A task was canceled)." I've started fresh a number of times and continue to get this error. When I log into the Customer Portal, it shows the FQDN I choose during the setup process, so it is communicating with 3CX servers.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. aberry

aberry New Member

Are you trying to use your own custom FQDN, or the .3cx.net FQDN? If you're trying to use a custom FQDN, then it will always fail as 3CX has that feature disabled in the free PBX edition of the software.

3. broadcastguy

Definitely using theirs. I figured it would be much easier to do that than to sort out certificates on my own FQDN.

4. aberry

aberry New Member

Have you tried releasing the FQDN from the 3cx support portal? I've only done the Debian install once, but didn't have any issues.

5. broadcastguy

I have released it, tried different servers and even different names for the FQDN - nothing seems to change the outcome.

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @broadcastguy

Sounds like the FQDN is created but the error comes when the PBX tries to get the certificates. In that case make sure that you can reach letsencrypt.org from the PBX machine. Disable any firewall rules that might be blocking communication with lets encrypt like DPI and try again

7. broadcastguy

Hi @YiannisH_3CX

Thank you for your response. I did absolutely nothing but leave it for the day and when I tried it later that evening it worked. I can only assume there was an issue with letsencrypt.org because I was able to ping it no problem from the VPS.

Thank you to @aberry for the initial help as well.

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad the issue is resolved, perhaps there was an interruption to the service

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.