Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

New to 3CX setup having problems

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by shsieh, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shsieh

Hi,

I am new to 3CX PBX and am having trouble registering external softphones. I have configured the software with the pre-requisite ports on our firewall and ran the firewall checker and everything passes with no errors. I have tried all different type STUN servers that are available publicly and my softphones(X-lite 3.0 and 3cx) and Nokia n800/N810 will not register. I am getting a 408 timeout error. The 3CX client using the tunnel works perfectly. However, most of my clients are Nokia units. There must be something really simple I am missing.

Installed on Win2008 R2 Std (64-bit) (Windows Firewall disabled)
    The setup is strictly for device to device communications. No pstn/external voip providers used. I have this running on Asterisk. The only difference is that the Asterisk server sits on the public internet so STUN is not required.

Thanks.

Steve H.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The first thing to look at is the 3CX log for the time period of an attempted registration. If you see an attempt but failure, then there should be a clue as to why it's failing (post the log here if you don't understand what it's telling you).

If there is no sign of an attempt then you need to start looking at either your local router/firewall or the settings in your remote device. Are you using the Nokia via WiFi or through a mobile providers wireless connection, that can sometimes be a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.