Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

New to 3CX......

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jtullous, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtullous

Hi I am new to the 3cx scene and I am having a bit of confusion and hope someone can help.

What I got is a POTS system and looking to connect my 2 analog line to a 3cx system i was looking at the support page and got kinda lost. I have sip phones and my 3cx system installed but i am lacking the gateway i guess.

I was looking at LinkSys SPA-3102 for my needs to get analog to my network. Is this what I need cause I start googling and I find cheap 54 dollars one but not sure what I am looking for. Any tips on this?

2. meshad

this product is supported gateways and it is listed by 3CX

http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3102 has one FXO port (the jack you plug into your phone line) and one FXS port (the jack you plug a phone into). So, if you bought two of them you could connect two POTS phone lines to the 3CX and have two working extensions as well with out buying any other equipment. The SPA-3000 is an older version and does much the same thing but can sometimes be found for less $.

4. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

http://www.dlink.com.ph/products/dlhome.asp?sec=2&pid=598

5. discovery1

discovery1 Member

If it is for a business i would get a Patton 4112 even though it is more expensive. There are a few threads about random issues with SPA3102's here that you should read before you purchase anything just based on price.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've been using the SPA-3000 for over 4 years and the SPA-3102 for a couple with no issues. They have both been provisioned with several providers over their time with me. I think that the problem is that a few settings end up being put in incorrectly, just silly mistakes, lie an Oh instead of a zero.and seeing as there are so many options it can be hard to pinpoint the problem. Of course, this can apply to any VoIP device. Sometimes it is best to just do a factory reset and begin again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.