Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

new to 3cx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tthoma, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tthoma

I AM NEW TO VOIP AND WOULD LIKE TO INTALL AND CONFIGURE THE 3CX AS A PBX FOR MY COMPANY. IN OUR OFFICE WE HAVE 4 ANALOG LINES AND 1 ISDN LINES. WHAT ARE THE HARDWARE THAT I WILL NEED TO CONFIGURE YOUR SYSTEM. HOW WILL I CONFIGURE 3CX TO BE ABLE CONNECT TO A REMOTE OFFICE IN WHICH I WILL INSTALL ANOTHER 3CX PBX AND HOW WILL I CONFIGURE A VOIP PHONE IN 3 DIFFERENT REMOTE STORES AS EXTENSIONS TO THE SYSTEM

THANKS IN ADVANCE

THOMAS

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

That's a lot of questions to start with!
    Where are you located? You might be best to call a 3CX partner for help with all this:
    http://www.3cx.com/ordering/

Most of your questions with the exception of 3CX to 3CX can be answered with their FAQs:
    http://www.3cx.com/pbx/ip-pbx-faq

3CX to 3CX will be available very soon (end of November?) with the upcoming version 4.

You are going to need a 3CX server, phones, analog gateway if you want to keep your analog lines, and a VoIP providor if you want to do VoIP for outside calls.
    They have a recommended list of supported hardware so I would start there if you don't want to go the reseller/partner route.

I don't want to sound like a jerk. But you have a lot of open ended questions requiring lots of answers and quite a few depend on which hardware your decide on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.