New to CFD, e-mail sender not working

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by bbaker73, Mar 29, 2018.

1. bbaker73

bbaker73 New Member

Very new to CFD, not a programmer, so I'm probably doing something basic wrong.

Made my first basic Date & Time condition flow to match DID and transfer to specified extension. That works. Then I added e-mail sender but that is not working. I tried with "Use 3CX Server connection settings", read https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/e-mail-sender-causes-error.54969/ so also tried manually configuring with a gmail account.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or where to look in logs for problem. I have 3CX server in verbose but don't see anything in the activity log related to the email.

I currently have set:
    SMTP Server "smtp.gmail.com"
    Server Port 587
    Enable SSL true
    User Name "gmailaccount@gmail.com"
    Password "password
    From "gmailaccount@gmail.com"
    To "recipient@mydomain.com
    Subject "call received
    Body "a call came in"

Attached Files:

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @bbaker73,

You need to move the Email sender component just before the Transfer component. This is because the call is disconnected from the CFD app when you transfer it to another extension, and when this happens, the execution continues in the Disconnect Handler flow. Any component below the Transfer component will not be executed.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bbaker73

bbaker73 New Member

I almost tried that, before posting. thank you very much.

Other than the 3CX provided manual and these forums, are there any other good resources out there for learning CFD?

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bbaker73

bbaker73 New Member

I give up, if i move the E-mail sender before the transfer, nothing happens and the call drops.

6. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In that case, there must be a problem in the Email sender configuration. Please check the 3CXQueueManager.log file, which will give you the details of the error.

7. bbaker73

bbaker73 New Member

I see a couple of error entries:

Error executing last component: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Error executing last component: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void MimeKit.MimePart.set_ContentObject(MimeKit.IContentObject)'.

Just so I understand, in a call flow like this, where one component fails, the call is normally just disconnected like this before it gets to the transfer?

8. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello, this seems to be a bug related to the release of the Update 4. We'll be releasing an update for the CFD as soon as possible (not later than tomorrow) containing a fix for this.

Kind regards.

9. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support