• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

New to CFD, e-mail sender not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbaker73

Platinum Partner
Reaction score
Very new to CFD, not a programmer, so I'm probably doing something basic wrong.

Made my first basic Date & Time condition flow to match DID and transfer to specified extension. That works. Then I added e-mail sender but that is not working. I tried with "Use 3CX Server connection settings", read https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/e-mail-sender-causes-error.54969/ so also tried manually configuring with a gmail account.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or where to look in logs for problem. I have 3CX server in verbose but don't see anything in the activity log related to the email.

I currently have set:
SMTP Server "smtp.gmail.com"
Server Port 587
Enable SSL true
User Name "[email protected]"
Password "password
From "[email protected]"
To "[email protected]
Subject "call received
Body "a call came in"

Attachments

• call flow email.jpg
    call flow email.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 39
Hello @bbaker73,

You need to move the Email sender component just before the Transfer component. This is because the call is disconnected from the CFD app when you transfer it to another extension, and when this happens, the execution continues in the Disconnect Handler flow. Any component below the Transfer component will not be executed.

Kind regards.

Hello @bbaker73,

You need to move the Email sender component just before the Transfer component. This is because the call is disconnected from the CFD app when you transfer it to another extension, and when this happens, the execution continues in the Disconnect Handler flow. Any component below the Transfer component will not be executed.

Kind regards.

I almost tried that, before posting. thank you very much.

Other than the 3CX provided manual and these forums, are there any other good resources out there for learning CFD?

I give up, if i move the E-mail sender before the transfer, nothing happens and the call drops.

In that case, there must be a problem in the Email sender configuration. Please check the 3CXQueueManager.log file, which will give you the details of the error.

I see a couple of error entries:

Error executing last component: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Error executing last component: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void MimeKit.MimePart.set_ContentObject(MimeKit.IContentObject)'.

Just so I understand, in a call flow like this, where one component fails, the call is normally just disconnected like this before it gets to the transfer?

Hello, this seems to be a bug related to the release of the Update 4. We'll be releasing an update for the CFD as soon as possible (not later than tomorrow) containing a fix for this.

Kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angel4781
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.