NEW TO THIS SYSTEM

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bcrow10441, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcrow10441

I have had this phone system installed and the people that installed it so far have been terrible. No training, bits and pieces are told to us, didn't even know how to get to the back in of the phone system. I have a few quick questions hopefuly someone can help. A) Is it possible in voicemail to change the prompt options. Such as change 3 to 7 to delete voicemail ? I don't like having to listed to the caller ID each time either. Is there a way where I can just hit a button to hear that if I need it ? The main purpose for this was to have TAPI link for Goldmine our CRM so we went with this system but yet almost 3 months later they still have not got that installed.

2. efounco

efounco New Member

The menu options in the voicemail are hard coded and cannot be changed via a UI. However, You might be able to change them by "hacking" the "VmailMenu.vxm" located in the "\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr" folder. If you plan on messing with this file, be sure you backup the phone system first.

As for the date/time and CID announcement, that's an option you can enable or disable in the extension settings.

This website has lots of information about your phone system:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/support/

3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I hear there is a pretty decent book available too. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

Where can we get the book at?

5. tom_ch

http://www.3cxbook.com

6. charris

Kerry when should we expect the v11 book?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.