!!!NEW UPDATE!!! 3CX Phone System + 3CX Assistant V8

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nb, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi 3CX Community!

We are pleased to announce a new Version 8 of the 3CX Phone System and 3CX Call Assistant.

Download 3CX Phone System Version 8 from here
    Change log available here

Download the new 3CX Assistant Version 8 from (no longer available) here . This also includes the latest 3CX Phone and a new 3CX Tapi Driver
    Change log available here

We Look forward for your feedback.

Nicky Borg

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 nb, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2017
  2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: !!!NEW UPDATE!!! 3CX Phone System + 3CX Call Assistant V8

TIP!!! 3CX Call Assistant Updating

Procedure to update 3CX Call Assistant clients by installing NEW Server. (This works with Call Assistant clients that are version 8.0.9924)

1) Take a backup of the 3CX Phone System
    2) Uninstall 3CX and download + Install the new version 8.0.10824 + Restore Backup
    3) When 2 is complete, inform all users on your network to open the Call Assistant and click on Help / Check for updates.
    4) A message will pop-up informing clients that an update is available. Click Yes to Update. The updates will download from the server onto the Clients and the Call assistant client will be updated to the new version automatically.
    5) You will see the new version number of the executable and the version number of the update package when you click on Help/About in the 3CX Call Assistant.

Downloading New Updates for the Call assistant from the 3CX Phone System

We have placed a small update on the server so you can try this right now as a test! This update will take your Call assistants from version from 10820 to 10828. Installed Package will change to 10901. We have added a fix we were working on related to the Tunnel so you can already benefit from Real Time Fixes and Updating of the clients.

1) Access the Winforms 3CX Management Console (Downloading of Updates is only available in the 3CX WINFORMS Management Console Version)
    2) Click on the 3CX Phone System Updates Node and click on Other Updates
    3) Check the 3CX Call Assistant Client Updates and click on Download Selected updates.
    4) Updates will be downloaded locally onto the 3CX Phone System Server and the 3CX Call assistants can manually check for updates. Note: Call Assistants that are already on Version 10820 will automatically check for updates when they log-in th first time.

We will be uploading more Call assistant updates as we go along.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

NICE!

Just upgraded my main system, went to the Assistant, checked for update, the Assistant got updated. Very smooth upgrade! Way to go!!

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Nice Kerry

Now go to the server and go to other updates. There is an update of the CA - Update.
    then go to the Assistant client and check for updates again. You will have the latest updates on the fly like that.

Let me know if you have questions - I will be monitoring this thread very often

5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Updated the server with the new CA update, went to the Assistant, and Check for Updates is grayed out.

Clicked Refresh, Check for Updates still grayed out

Quit the Assistant, relaunched it. On startup it said there were new updates and I let it install it.

Seems like doing multiple updates without shutting down the Assistant is broken.

6. semn

Hi
    I apply your procedure and i upgrade my 3cx server to last version. After that i start to see this message in log section: Active calls counted toward license limit: [] .I don't know if it 's a standard message but in this moment nobody use this system and also it's first time when i see this message. Can someone tell me if this is a normal message or not ?

Thanks
    George

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Kerry

I explain why sometimes you see it grayed out. Sometimes you think you are fully connected but there are many stages of connected processes so you may be able to see PBX activity but for example the connection to the update server might still be in progress. What I am saying is that you would be connected but not every component would be 100% connected.

Refresh will not work - refresh will simply instruct the call assistant to close sip session and try again. Nothing happens to the update components.
    So in this case you need to either wait a bit because the update server is still in the process of verifying whether you need an update or not. Or to speed up the process (because you are sure that there is a new update) exit the call assistant and try again from scratch.

I don't think so. The updater was not designed like this. The tcx updater updater component allows only 1 update at one given time. The problem with the refresh grayed out is simply because either an update packet got lost and frame was not received in full or because it is in the process of retrieving data.

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Semn
    I understand your concern :) Yes that is a VERY NORMAL MESSAGE and completely expected.
    In the last version we had some problems with active calls counting. So what we did (after fixing the issue) we implemented a way so both the 3CX Admin and us, can troubleshoot and REALLY check how many simultaneous calls your 3CX Phone System had going at that very time.

Every 30 seconds we are printing a message in the logs - ACTIVE CALLS COUNTED TOWARDS LICENSE LIMIT.
    When you see only this message it means that you have no calls going on.

Now make a call to 999 and keep it connected. Wait for 30 seconds and you will see that the message will change to
    ACTIVE CALLS COUNTED TOWARDS LICENSE LIMIT [CALL NUMBER]

If this call you made was call number 1 from the last time you either installed 3CX or restarted the 3CX PHone System service, you will see ACTIVE CALLS COUNTED TOWARDS LICENSE LIMIT[1]
    If you have Call 1, Call 5 and call 26 all connected, then you will see something like this
    ACTIVE CALLS COUNTED TOWARDS LICENSE LIMIT[1,3,26]

This makes the administrator aware of how many calls the PBX is getting hit with. It also makes license issues more evident and easier for us to troubleshoot because if you have a 64 sim call license for example and you are hearing a message "License Limit reached- Contact Administrator" you can identify immediately whether there is a problem or whether you need a bigger license.

9. semn

Thank you for quick response.

10. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

Upgrade went smooth for us.

11. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Ok - Thanks for the updates.

There is a known issue when you try and update the 3CX Call assistant from a VISTA machine limited user account.
    Basically when we update the call assistant we need to update some files that are located in %allusersprofile%

Now a Vista limited user account might not have enough rights / permissions to update this location so the update will not work and an exception will be thrown. We will make an appropriate message in the next update.

In fact This issue does not appear in Windows 7 standard user account.

12. matictec

matictec New Member

I agree. Nice update. We will start updating the installations of our costumer next days. Before we do some additional testing.

13. vsefcik

I ran the upgrade procedure that you posted and it worked perfectly. But, I have a question about the 3CX Assistant version. When I select Help/About in 3CX Assistant there are three different version numbers listed:
    Installed Version 8.0.9924.0
    Executable Version 8.0.0.10828
    Update Package Version 8.0.10901

Can you tell me what the different version numbers mean, especially the Update Package Version? Thanks.

14. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Ok

9924 is the installed build. This is the Executable version of the build we released last december if I am not mistaken.

This is the version of the installer basically.

Before your update the executable version was also 9924.

After the update the executable version was of course updated. So this is why you see it as 10828. (If you had to NOT UPDATE and install 3CX Call assistant from the installer, you would have Installed version 10828 and exe version 10828 for example.

Update package - this is the update package we uploaded which made your CA go to 10828.
    When 3CX support see this number they can assume that you updated the call assistant through updates and not through the installed package version.

Hope this is clear,

15. bbusino

I am seeing the following regardless of the number of people currently on the phone:

13:00:43.375 Active calls counted toward license limit: []

I have yet to see anything between those brackets.

8.0.10824 is my current version and build.

16. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Make a call to 999 and keep it connected - Make this Yourself.
    You will see something like this - In this case the call I made was call 29
    You see the top line? [29] - this screenshot was taken with the same identical version as yours.

Attached Files:

17. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Depending how many call you have of course -

Example - if you have 64 sim calls connected you will see this

Attached Files:

18. Eurylink

Eurylink New Member

We Installed and tested new version. All seems to work fine. A found a small bug. After installing the vew version 3CX manegement console keep english language always even if in custom parameters "installation language" is set to IT.
    I try to modify and overwrite it but language default remain english. Any solution ?
    Tx in advance.

19. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This is a bug - thanks for reporting.
    That will change nothing because that parameter updates because you decided to Ran the wizard in italian.
    We will check this out. We will issue a fix through system updates when we collect enough material to issue a package.

20. cs

cs

The CRM Outlook Windows seems to be a little small

and there should be a message while selecting the outlook contact folders - if there are more than 10000 contacts on an ms exchange system it looks like the connection to exchange is broken ... our customers are sometimes a little "nervouse" ... :)

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.