New/Updated softphone with 3CX v.10 ?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Fatboy40, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

I'm starting to use the 3CX softphone (5.0.14900.0) a lot more now with my 3CX v.9 installation (trialing it with a Jabra Go 660), but some users prefer Counterpath's 'Bria' softphone.

Before I choose what route I go down is anyone, other than 3CX themselves ;-) , aware of whether or not an updated version of the softphone will be released along with v.10 of the 3CX phone system ?.

Thanks.

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

So, I'm not allowed to answer this question :mrgreen:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

I should have worded that one better shouldn't I ;-)

Go on then, you can spill the beans if you want to :)

Seriously though, both the 3CX softphone and Bria have things that the other doesn't so I'm stuck betwen them, merge them together into a single app and I'll be a happy man.

4. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

(and put the smilies back on your web server so that we can use more than just Mr Green please :idea: )

5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Joking apart, i never use Bria anymore... Seriously too many crashes 8)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This is not possible: 3CXPhone is not intended to be a clone of Bria, the same as Bria is not intended to be a clone of 3CXPhone. Both of them are good softphones, but the best is the one which is able to best match user's specific demands. As an example, I told at one time, I'm still using a graphic Windows 16-bit application I bought back in '93, 5 floppies, which is perfect for me, I don't need anything more.

A new 3CXPhone version will be released soon, stay tuned.

Regards
    vali

7. brentrichburg

When I install Assistant with 3cx Soft phone, it installs 3cxphone ver. 5.0.1444.0. That version does not support Jabra very well.

ver. 5.0.14900 does support Jabra, but I cannot get it to install integrated with 3CX Assistant. Is there a way to do that?

8. cfive

cfive Member

If you download the latest assistant from 3CX, and install that (including the 3cx phone) it will work. You'll have to uninstall the current assistant and 3cx phone.

- Les.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.