• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

New/Updated softphone with 3CX v.10 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatboy40

Reaction score
I'm starting to use the 3CX softphone (5.0.14900.0) a lot more now with my 3CX v.9 installation (trialing it with a Jabra Go 660), but some users prefer Counterpath's 'Bria' softphone.

Before I choose what route I go down is anyone, other than 3CX themselves ;-) , aware of whether or not an updated version of the softphone will be released along with v.10 of the 3CX phone system ?.

Thanks.

Fatboy40 said:
is anyone, other than 3CX themselves ;-) , aware of whether or not an updated version of the softphone will be released along with v.10 of the 3CX phone system ?
So, I'm not allowed to answer this question :mrgreen:

Vali_3CX said:
Fatboy40 said:
is anyone, other than 3CX themselves ;-) , aware of whether or not an updated version of the softphone will be released along with v.10 of the 3CX phone system ?
So, I'm not allowed to answer this question :mrgreen:

I should have worded that one better shouldn't I ;-)

Go on then, you can spill the beans if you want to :)

Seriously though, both the 3CX softphone and Bria have things that the other doesn't so I'm stuck betwen them, merge them together into a single app and I'll be a happy man.

(and put the smilies back on your web server so that we can use more than just Mr Green please :idea: )

Joking apart, i never use Bria anymore... Seriously too many crashes 8)

Fatboy40 said:
Seriously though, both the 3CX softphone and Bria have things that the other doesn't so I'm stuck betwen them, merge them together into a single app and I'll be a happy man.
This is not possible: 3CXPhone is not intended to be a clone of Bria, the same as Bria is not intended to be a clone of 3CXPhone. Both of them are good softphones, but the best is the one which is able to best match user's specific demands. As an example, I told at one time, I'm still using a graphic Windows 16-bit application I bought back in '93, 5 floppies, which is perfect for me, I don't need anything more.

A new 3CXPhone version will be released soon, stay tuned.

Regards
vali

When I install Assistant with 3cx Soft phone, it installs 3cxphone ver. 5.0.1444.0. That version does not support Jabra very well.

ver. 5.0.14900 does support Jabra, but I cannot get it to install integrated with 3CX Assistant. Is there a way to do that?

If you download the latest assistant from 3CX, and install that (including the 3cx phone) it will work. You'll have to uninstall the current assistant and 3cx phone.

- Les.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.