• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

New user - help with 3CX Assistant needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergusm

Reaction score
Hi,

I am getting started with 3CX and VOIP in general and have a couple of questions...

I am using a VOIP provider in the UK called Soho66 (http://www.soho66.co.uk). They recommended the 3CX softphone which I have installed on a couple of PCs. Next step is integration with Salesforce...

Question is whether I need anything more to do this? I have installed the 3CX Assistant and configured it with my Soho66 VOIP credentials but it cannot connect. I get the following message:

---------------------------
3CX Assistant
Logging in timed out. Check server settings.
OK

Should this work or do I need to be using 3CX PBX?

I am a bit confused but really want to find a simple solution that allows me to dial numbers out of my web browser.

Any help would be much appreciated...

thanks,
Fergus

Hey Ferg,

The 3CX Call Assistant + VoIP Phone are sometimes confusing.
The Assistant connects directly to the 3CX PBX, it's a tool for businesses to alow them to manage their calls better. It's like a switchboard of sorts.
So yes you need a 3CX PBX to connect the assistant to.

But i see that you already managed to connect your phones to your VoIP providers.

Thanks for the explanation. Yes, I am using the 3CX Phone with my VOIP provider and it's working well so far.

I am looking for a simple solution that will allow me to click on a phone number in a web page (Salesforce or other web app) and will initiate a call in 3CX Phone.

Do you know of a Firefox extension or similar that does this?

I have looked into this further and think this could be done with a Greasemonkey script.

Is there a command line interface that will allow 3CX to initiate a call. Something like sip:555 555 555

Any help much appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sprice352
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.