New user - help with 3CX Assistant needed

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fergusm, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fergusm

Hi,

I am getting started with 3CX and VOIP in general and have a couple of questions...

I am using a VOIP provider in the UK called Soho66 (http://www.soho66.co.uk). They recommended the 3CX softphone which I have installed on a couple of PCs. Next step is integration with Salesforce...

Question is whether I need anything more to do this? I have installed the 3CX Assistant and configured it with my Soho66 VOIP credentials but it cannot connect. I get the following message:

---------------------------
    3CX Assistant
    Logging in timed out. Check server settings.
    OK

Should this work or do I need to be using 3CX PBX?

I am a bit confused but really want to find a simple solution that allows me to dial numbers out of my web browser.

Any help would be much appreciated...

thanks,
    Fergus

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hey Ferg,

The 3CX Call Assistant + VoIP Phone are sometimes confusing.
    The Assistant connects directly to the 3CX PBX, it's a tool for businesses to alow them to manage their calls better. It's like a switchboard of sorts.
    So yes you need a 3CX PBX to connect the assistant to.

But i see that you already managed to connect your phones to your VoIP providers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. fergusm

Thanks for the explanation. Yes, I am using the 3CX Phone with my VOIP provider and it's working well so far.

I am looking for a simple solution that will allow me to click on a phone number in a web page (Salesforce or other web app) and will initiate a call in 3CX Phone.

Do you know of a Firefox extension or similar that does this?

4. fergusm

I have looked into this further and think this could be done with a Greasemonkey script.

Is there a command line interface that will allow 3CX to initiate a call. Something like sip:555 555 555

Any help much appreciated!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.