Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

New User - No incoming or outgoing calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bob Erwin, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Erwin

Just downloaded and set up 3CX V15 on win 10. Used PIAF in past. Set up fine. Some trouble with cable internet provider (Northland Cable). Firewall test passes until port 9020 and above. Then reports full cone failed above port 9019. Using Vitelity. Trunk registers fine. Extensions set up and can communicate from extension to extension and to digital receptionist. But no incoming or outgoing calls. Outbound call gets fast busy signal. Call log says no answer. Event log shows nothing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Panayiotis_3CX

Panayiotis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

3. Bob Erwin

I greatly appreciate your help and will work on what you sent me.

In the meantime, a quick update.

Our cable provider is Northland Cable and the modem is an Arris DG2460A

I configured port forwarding, the firewall test passed (except RTP > 9240). The sip trunk registered. But no incoming our outgoing calls. Voicemail and extension to extension calls OK.

Read on the internet that Arris modems don’t work and the modem needs to be put in bridge mode.

Put it is bridge mode and turned off the firewall.

Used a Dlink DIR850L which investigation says should work.

It also passes the firewall test but the sip trunk will not register. Also no incoming or outgoing calls.

Also tried re-enabling firewall on Arris (even though in Bridge mode). Firewall test passed. No trunk registration.

Other interesting info. When using the ARRIS cablemodem, firewall test passed, trunk registered and I could access control panel through another computer. With the Dlink 850, firewall test passed, no sip trunk registration and cannot access control panel from another computer. Get WARNINGS.SERVER_ERROR.

I have another router to try this morning but will do your test first and post the results.

I also included a pic of port forwarding configuration to make sure I didn't miss something.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

Attached Files:

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Look for SIP ALG in the DIR and disable it. Do the same on the Arris.

5. Bob Erwin

I have already disabled SIP alg on both. The results already posted were all with SIP alg disabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.