New V12 3CX Phone/Myphone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mhnichols, Sep 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhnichols

I have just been testing the new rc2 of V12, and have real concerns over the direction taken for the new 3cx Phone/Myphone.

I am struggling to understand why the 2 items are now merged as 1. Previously, just being able to give users the Myphone interface was great, They work in a call centre with Physical handsets and have no need for 3cxPhone. so why would I now want to install an application which is more complicated to use and uses pc resources for no benefit?

I have trialed the new interface with users and they have all immediately rejected it! finding it too difficult to navigate and unable to configure to fit the screen in a sensible way. They also passed a few important comments:

1: To login and out of Queues, this is only done from the 3cxphone section, and the very mall Q icon is Light Grey for not in queue and white for in queue, very difficult to see! really should be red for out and green for in!

2: As the users have no need for the 3cxPhone, should be able to login/out from the presence screen!

3: The Presence screen The extensions should be shown in there groups, not just as a complete list under the default tab? not helpful looking for an extension in a large list.

4: Trying to configure the sections on the presence screen to show information is frustrating, and almost impossible to achieve. In the queues you have to use individual scroll bars on each queue to show info, you cant resize the individual queue sections. You can autohide some sections but not all?

I would have hoped that one of the reasons for 3CX to undertake such a radical overhaul of the interface was to improve the usability, but so far the instant reaction from users is very negative!

I know that users tend to be negative to change and have persevered with the interface for a while myself and you do get used to it and with some tinkering can show what you require, but its a bit of work! I am sure users will eventually be OK with it, but would have hoped for a better reaction.

As for the 3CX phone, this seems to have lost some important functionality, In V11, would could adjust the Sound Devices, but this is missing in V12, and is functionality we find important, Being able to set the Microphone and Speaker to a bluetooth headset, but allow the Laptop speakers to act as ringer is vitally useful? is this going to be implement before release.

Also the removal of Video Calling, Is this a feature that will return?

Your comments to our findings above would be appreciated.

Regards

Mark

2. rogueblackburn

To point 2: I have mine configured so that I can log my own extension in and out of queues in the full screen presence. This is done in the queue calls list, right click on my own extension. Users who's extensions are administrators in the queue (PRO Edition), can also log other extensions in and out via the full screen presence.

To Point 3: In the 3CX management console, you can create your extension groups, then assign your extensions to one or more of those groups with manager or user rights. There after your full screen presence view shows the various groups.

That the full screen presence view is still a bit akward to set up and manage, there I agree with you. There was a response in another post from 3CX regarding the missing audio settings, apparently this will be brought back soon via a software update.

3. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi Mark,

to answer some of your questions:

1&2: To login and out of Queues, can be done from the presence screen as well, right click on the queue extension and select log in - log out of queues (requires pro edition)
    3: what rogueblackburn said

"in V11, would could adjust the Sound Devices, but this is missing in V12, and is functionality we find important" this feature is now available with 3CX 12 SP1

"is this going to be implement before release" release has already been done and Service Pack one has already been released please check here: http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-phone-system-12-service-pack-1/

As for the Video Calling feature it will return in subsequent updates.

Thank you for your time and patience and if you have any further inquiries please dont hesitate to let us know.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. filipvds

Hi,

I totally agree with point 3!
    I have all my groups and in v11 MyPhone you can see all the different groups.
    In version 12 I have to be member of a group to see the other extensions.

Example: I have created a group (user request) which contains all the managers. In version 12, I have to member of the group "management" to see my management. I'm just an IT-guy.
    On the extension details in the sever manager you could make an option "can see all groups".

If you can see different groups, you have quick overview of which user is available and who is not.

Another problem: There is a report to see all the costs by extension group (and type). If you are member of several groups, the system doesn't know for which group you make the call. So the report will show you all the calls for one user in each group!

Filip

5. Frank Drews

Hi Filip, Hi Mark,

I am missing some features, too.

I can't find the feature for users to manage their own forwarding rules. At the moment they only can switch between the different profiles. And this feature is quite hidden.

I can't find the place for users to manage their BLF keys. At our place, some users do have multiple phones and all users have quite specific BLF Key requirements. It would be great, if they could manage those in an easy way using the same interface.

Or am I missing something and the features already exists?

I really like the new software very much, and I know these things take time. But can anybody give a roadmap or has anybody an idea if these features will be implemented in coming versions?

Managing forwarding rules was really very nice in the old myphone.

All the best Frank

6. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi Frank,

in order to manage you forwarding rules from 3CXPhone for windows please follow the next steps

1. make sure you are running the latest release of 3CX Phone System 12 and 3CXPhone for Windows for you that would be this: http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-phone-system-12-service-pack-1/

2. start 3CXPhone for Windows. Click on the more options button and go to your accounts page,double click to open the account that you want to configure your forwarding rules for

3. in the account settings scroll down the bottom and you will see a button named 'Call Forwarding' click it and you will be taken to the forwarding settings page where you can configure your forwarding rules and your Exception rules.

Hope this solves your issue Frank, if it doesn't please get back to me and if you have any more questions feel free to let us know

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. bull_tpk

Mark the OP is my reaction too. I want to know that I can still install V11 on a V12 license purchase, until I can be more confident in V12 from the usability perspective.
    I installed V12 windows phone on my win 8 netbook and I dont like the fact I cant seem to see anywhere there in settings I cant stop it from starting up with windows, also as I mention the android client has no exit app button. I have to go into apps and kill it. I also see if it goes to sleep in the background because I have set the phone to close mobile data when not in use, when I bring up the phone again, it wont start again untill i switch from mobile data to wifi. Very annoying, that I seem to have to kill the app and restart it again to wake it back up on 3G / 4G

8. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

The Android app certainly does.. press your menu button.. then press Exit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.