New V5-3648 still not accept "-" into email VPN ce

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by etm_ltd, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etm_ltd

Hi,
    Since V5 beta2 and RC2 it is impossible for company that have a domain name including the "-" char to install the VPN using it.

By example domain name: my-domain.net need to be mydomain.net

thx

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Its best not to use the -, it wont effect functionality.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. silentfun

silentfun Member

4. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

It'll greatly affect functionality if you own a hyphenated domain name and you can't send email to it as a result.

Not using it is NOT a workaround.

5. silentfun

silentfun Member

It seems you realy understand my problem ;-)

I have some other domains for testing but .....

Andy

6. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Well, I have a significant percentage of my customer-base using hyphenated domain names, as the hyphen character is a valid domain character as defined by RFC1123.

If 3CX want to sell a phone system into any of these potential customers, they'll have to support RFC1123 for domain names. That's as simple as it gets!!

7. silentfun

silentfun Member

I am shure they do - they have done a good job in the past and they will do in the future.

I only post this as a notice because there is no bugtracking system where i can see if a bug is postet -> accepted -> in work -> solved

perhaps we can help to setup such a list.

what such a list need is not much:

a good title (editable by admin)
    a clear description (editable by admin / users can prolongate (add) somethin but can not delete (that can only do admin)

a status (doublepost|accepted|in work|solved (editable by admin)

a priority (possible voteable my customers until admin fix it)

Andy

8. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

That would be a godsend here - to avoid the same question being asked multiple times.

Admins - are you listening??

9. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

How would the name in the VPN certificate, used only for connecting bridges between 3CX Phone Systems affect your email functionality????

10. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

2 separate issues. One is the acceptance or otherwise of the hyphen into a certificate for VPN, the second is the acceptance or otherwise of the hyphen into a domain name for email. They are only interrelated by their non-acceptance of the hyphen.

11. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Michael,

The email is only used to create the VPN certificate and it does not at all effect email at all.

12. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

OK sorry for getting on my high horse (if this works).

How about the fault-tracking issue he highlights though?? that'd save a world of pain for us all IMHO :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.