Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

New version 7 - Outbound Rule Problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by danthony73, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danthony73

Hello,
    Spent a lot of time trying to get this to work. Ok here is what I have.

I am running 3CX Phone System on a Windows 2003 server, all ports are open and working. I decided to go with Callcentric and have a Office unlimited account and paid for Calling time. I have 2 extensions set up right this second (100 & 101). I installed the 3CX VoIP Phone on one of my notebooks. When I dial my Callcentric number it recieves perfect, it is when I try to dial that I get several different types of errors.

[​IMG]

Does this look right? I have 2 extensions and none can dial out.

2. danthony73

ok I got help from Callcentric, the problem was in the outbound rules.

What I had to do was edit the dialing rule "Rule forCallCentric" to "Rule forCallCentric1" and then prepend "1" in Route 1. I also had to add the ext 100 to "Calls from ext(s)"

I also created a second rule called "Rule forCallCentric2" and then prepended "1" in Route 1. I also had to add the ext 101 to "Calls from ext(s)"

All is working perfect.

Thank you,
    David

3. discovery1

discovery1 Member

You could also have a single Callcentric rule and in the "calls from extensions" field put a range of values like 101-102 or 101-199

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. danthony73

Nice I will give that a try, I never liked having soo many rules. ;)

Thank you,
    David

5. voipbaennjer

Instead of prepending the 1 set "strip digits" to 0

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.