• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

New version 7 - Outbound Rule Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

danthony73

Reaction score
Hello,
Spent a lot of time trying to get this to work. Ok here is what I have.

I am running 3CX Phone System on a Windows 2003 server, all ports are open and working. I decided to go with Callcentric and have a Office unlimited account and paid for Calling time. I have 2 extensions set up right this second (100 & 101). I installed the 3CX VoIP Phone on one of my notebooks. When I dial my Callcentric number it recieves perfect, it is when I try to dial that I get several different types of errors.

SCX_Outbound_Rule.PNG

Does this look right? I have 2 extensions and none can dial out.

ok I got help from Callcentric, the problem was in the outbound rules.

What I had to do was edit the dialing rule "Rule forCallCentric" to "Rule forCallCentric1" and then prepend "1" in Route 1. I also had to add the ext 100 to "Calls from ext(s)"

I also created a second rule called "Rule forCallCentric2" and then prepended "1" in Route 1. I also had to add the ext 101 to "Calls from ext(s)"

All is working perfect.

Thank you,
David

You could also have a single Callcentric rule and in the "calls from extensions" field put a range of values like 101-102 or 101-199

Nice I will give that a try, I never liked having soo many rules. ;)

Thank you,
David

discovery1 said:
You could also have a single Callcentric rule and in the "calls from extensions" field put a range of values like 101-102 or 101-199

Instead of prepending the 1 set "strip digits" to 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.