new version

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by kilo13, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kilo13

will this new version work with the current 3cx phone system V9?

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Yes, it works. And deployment is much simpler now. You just need to choose the PBX version (8, 9 or 10) and the Web Server type (IIS, Abyss, Cassini). Then, every deployment setting will be automatically configured.

3. Energie

As for deployment,
    I got a production server and a development server. They don't talk to each other, therefore how can I deploy the VAD Project to the production server. I cannot install VAD onto the prod. server.
    Can I copy/paste the compiled folder for this project (in my dev. IIS) from the dev. to the prod?
    There must be a way of doing this?

Thanks

4. VAD_Support

The VAD can be installed remotely, and then you deploy the project to any 3CX server. You don't need to move the VAD to other machine.
    You may need to do some changes to the configuration to allow remote deployments. It is explained in the user's manual.

5. Energie

It doesn't work.
    Like I said those two machines are not talking to each other and cannot do remote access.
    On my Dev. machine I got everything for development 3CX PhoneSystem and also VAD with which I can create my VAD Project and deploy it locally.
    On my Prod. machine I only have installed 3CX Phone System and I want to deploy my VAD Project developed on the dev. machine but Remote Access IS NOT Allowed. I can only copy file on that prod. machine or do some CD Installation. It is not on the same network at all.

6. VAD_Support

You need to be able to connect to the remote server where 3CX is installed. Check firewalls, etc. in order to make the connection possible.

There is no way to register the app without the VAD deployment process. You can copy the files, but you can not create the Digital Receptionist that points to those files... So you need to deploy the project using the VAD...

7. Energie

Thanks, I'll try to convince the IT staff ;)

8. VAD_Support

There is a way to register the callflow programmatically, using the .NET library "3cxpscomcpp2.dll" (that's what the VAD does to register the callflow), but there is no documentation about it, so I would not recommend that. But if you have no other choices, maybe you can go with that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.