Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

"New Voicemail" message status expires

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by knorr, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knorr

It seems that after 24 hours "New" voicemails (i.e. the kind that make the phone light blink and show up in the display number) are reset to old or undeliverable. If you view them through the 'myphone' page they have a Strikethrough on them, and can't be reset to 'unheard'.

I found in the IVR log:
    13:37:03.097|Err(01)| Giving up, Voicemail vmail_388_389_20090729183652 to 389 Could not be delivered for 24 hours.
    13:38:33.484|Err(01)| Giving up, Voicemail vmail_388_389_20090729183817 to 389 Could not be delivered for 24 hours.

Well, this is all fine until someone is gone for a few days. They'll return to no new voicemails, even though 20 could be in there.

I imagine this expiration can be set higher somewhere. But where???

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. comresource

comresource Member

Do you have the voicemails configured to be sent out via email? It almost looks like it is not able to contact the SMTP server if so.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. knorr

I try and get my users to receive their voicemail via email, but some are stubborn and cling to the old. The extension in the log is a test ext. I setup w/o email delivery.

Also, I misspoke...that is from the voiceboxmanager log, not the ivr log.

And another thing I noticed is that I have a user who has been out of the office, but set his phone to 'away' and it hasn't revoked the 'new' status of his voicemails after 24 hours. So, I guess that makes sense, but alot of people forget to use the 'away' function. It'd be nice if I could just raise the expiration and be done with it w/o having to explain all this to the users who probably wouldn't like the explanation anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.